Can't Stay Away

• 2627 posts
    May 9, 2005 5:35 PM BST
    I posted a blog saying I was leaving for awhile.
    But I couldn't get you all off my mind & I need all of you.
    I'm just feeling frustration at being in hiding when I realy want out. But I'm not in a position that I can. So I was thinking about giving it up. I know I can't stop being TG but I thought I could stop expressing myself. But as Anna & Mere both said it won't work. In fact the desire has been stronger since I tried. So I guess I keep banging my head on the wall & try to carry on. Sitting behind closed curtains while life passes by outside. Living the lie that I am. I want to dress up & go for a walk so bad but don't dare.
    I'm sure my mood will change in time & I'll do my best not to make to many gloomy coments. Please just have patience!
    • 2463 posts
    May 9, 2005 8:00 PM BST
    Karen, when it comes to a dear friend who is hurting we have all the patience in the world. As I wrote, I know that feeling all too well about wanting to dress and go out. But I can't. What I can do is acknowledge who I am. As long as you are in touch with yourself life is not passing you by. To deny that part of you would be where life would pass you by. No, it's not fair that we have to live like this. But we are alive, and as long as we have each other we'll get by. Your sisters here at TW are right beside you.

Oh, dear, that didn't sound like a bad 1970s love song, did it? I pride myself on originality!

Now let's concentrate on important issues like raiding Kendra's closet.
  • May 10, 2005 7:05 AM BST
    Hi Karen & Meredith,

I can really relate to living a "Dual Life". The day to day activities can be tough enough when living 1 life, let alone a 2nd one. Add to that, a unsupportive siginificant other and you have a really rough path to navigate. (Mere- I'm sure you can relate to that.)

Recently, I went through a purge cycle (cloths, makeup, etc). It was an attempt to calm a situation down and please others. It only left a hollow feeling of denial.

Hang in there Karen & Mere (group hug)....

By the way, if you ever get the idea to throw your stuff out STOP! It's way too expensive to replace it!

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn

• 2068 posts
    May 10, 2005 11:35 AM BST
    Karen honey i am so glad you came back, the place wouldn't be the same without you.As i have told you,if you need help & support then you'll get it from me without question. You have been there for me so many times,that i'm only too happy to be there for you too. Like i said.. the feelings will only come back 100 times stronger than before and they have haven't they.You just hang in there honey,you sisters at TW are right behind you 100 %! Love and xxxx anna-marie