shaken....but not stirred

• 2068 posts
    May 11, 2005 10:36 AM BST
    thanks for all the comments girls, they're VERY much appreciated!
    • 2068 posts
    May 10, 2005 9:29 PM BST
    i have to tell you girls i was the victim of a totally unprovoked incident today.i'd gone to my local library to pick up a book. As i went in i was subjected to some nasty verbal abuse so i went out and told these kids to grow up.next thing i know is someone comes after me fists flying.all cos i allegedly called his friend a slag..but she deserved it as she was abusing me.Before this person could get hold of me, the library staff got in between us and got "him"away from me.I was shaking like a leaf so my good friend glenys (GG)got a cup of hot,sweet tea..to calm me down.What i found so touching was the fact that people saw what had happened and were coming up to me and asking if i was OK...there ARE some nice people in town after all. Even the girls in the coffee shop were asking about me too. I am OK if a little shaken up...LOVE and XXXXXXXXXX anna-marie
    • 2463 posts
    May 10, 2005 10:19 PM BST
    As long as you're okay. You have every right to be upset. We've had enough of this BS lately. It's nice to know someone defended you. But it's not nice to know it had to happen. I wish I was there right now to just hang out and let you know you'll be just fine.
  • May 10, 2005 11:45 PM BST
    Glad your ok hun sounds like a good friend you have there.Why cant poeple just grow up & just let other poeple get on with there on way of life instead of trying to act big in front of there mates poeple like that i find it annoys them more if you dont give them a responce It is poeple like this where i live that when i do go full time i will have to move away not that that will bother me this town has nothing going for it anyways.You take care of yourself hun i dont want see anything bad happen to such sweet girl like yourself who is just trying to get on with life.

BIG HUGS
    CHARLLET
  • May 11, 2005 1:58 AM BST
    You didn't mention it, but I assume this was a trans-related incident. Was the unprovoked verbal abuse directed toward you just because you're trans?

Either way, I'm glad there were others around to keep the jerk from attacking you.
    • 134 posts
    May 11, 2005 7:38 AM BST
    Glad to hear you are ok but this is just one more example of "ned culture" britain today. Unfortunately things are only going to get worse until we get a government that puts its people before money!
    angel xx
    • 1198 posts
    May 11, 2005 9:11 AM BST
    Anna Maria,

Glad to hear you are ok hun, unfortunately these mindless idiots have nothing better to do with there live's. As has been said the best reaction to that situ is do not respond, I know i'm a fine one to talk but i have learnt the hard way and now i get self satisfaction, when idiots are just left looking stupid. But i'm glad your safe.......Hugz Julie xx
    • 1980 posts
    May 12, 2005 4:05 PM BST
    Hi Anna Marie-

I'm glad you're okay, girl. Sadly these things happen, I'm not sure, but from what I gathered it sounds like these were younger folks, like teens or early 20's? Please don't misunderstand, I'm not putting them down as a group, I have a 17 year old son and so we have hordes of them hanging around (fridge locusts) and by and large they're fine decent individuals.

But for some reason, a lot of them seem to feel they have something to prove maybe because they're so unsure of themselves at that age and cover it up by making remarks about people who are different in order to prove their group solidarity. The only time I've had someone pass a remark to me was at a restaurant and he was some young guy in his late teens or early 20's. I actually didn't hear what he said, but the g-girl who was with us heard it and rounded on him and pinned his ears back for him. Very hilarious.

Don't let it get you down, dear. Remember there are more horses asses than there are horses in this world. I'm very glad you weren't hurt.

Hugs, Joni
  • May 12, 2005 5:23 PM BST
    Glad you are alright hun...I Know how a violent episode can shake you for a while...but as Joni said I have found there are more people that abhor that kind of behaviour than condone it and they will come to your aid when you least expect it...strange world.