Hooray! Another new toy...

• 2127 posts
    May 13, 2005 10:39 PM BST
    Hello Girls,

I'm just soooo excited! We now have another new toy to add to our list of fun things to do.

After several weeks of work, our new tranny marketplace is here. Thanks to Gloria Glover for coming up with the name - TrannyBay, and thanks to you all for suggesting the idea in the first place.

Please go see TrannyBay now. To celebrate our new arrival we have put aside UK£10 for everyone who registers. Please have a look around the house and see if you have any clothes you no longer need, or anything else for that matter.

The prices are much better than Ebay and all proceeds will go back into Trannyweb so it's all for a good cause too.

Go see it now at:

http://www.trannybay.com

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    • 2127 posts
    May 14, 2005 1:54 PM BST
    Thanks for pointing that out Gloria. I've put it right now.

I should point out to everyone that your Zip code (or Postcode) is not shown to other people on the site or in any of your auctions.

The way it works is that only the seller and the eventual buyer (winner) exchange contact details. There's no need for anyone else to know exactly where you live.

However, the name of your town or city is shown but that shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, you are anonymous.

Also, it's up to you as to what name you use to sign up with. Some people who use auctions a lot, have a PO Box so they don't have to reveal their exact address.

Remember too, that the people who will be using this service will most likely be trannies as well.

So come on girls, come and make some money by selling your girly things at TrannyBay.

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
  • May 14, 2005 2:16 PM BST
    Hi Katie

I just registered and will be rifling through my wardrobe for stuff to sell, but a couple of general questions .. I can't see any details about payment methods, are we back to our "good old" friends Paypal. If I register to sell does the site need my credit card details and if so what name appears on the statement for Trannybay's fees?

err, that's all for now .

Looks like a good idea to me.

Cerys xx
  • May 14, 2005 8:59 PM BST
    Doh ... I just worked it out (the payment thing) just ignore me, being dim. Not for the first time!

Cerys xxx
    • 2127 posts
    May 15, 2005 12:03 PM BST
    Hi Girls,

We're steering well clear of PayPal now that we know they are trannyphobic. Instead we have two payment options - you can pay for auction fees using a credit or debit card with WorldPay or you can pay with NoChex if you already have an account with them.

The word TrannyBay will not appear on your credit or debit card statement.

We realise that most people would prefer it not to appear so instead the 'descriptor' for your auction fees will say "Kendall Manning Ltd" which is the name of our company.

I will put all this in the FAQ on the TrannyBay site.

Of course if you buy something in an auction, your contract is between you and the vendor so you'll have to pay them for the goods separately.

Auctions can be set up in a whole range of currencies so you don't have to use British pounds.

And if both buyer and seller have a PayPal account they can settle up immediately. There is also a range of other payment options which buyers can use to pay for their auction goods.

One thing I've noticed is that many people are trying to login to TrannyBay using their Trannyweb login details. These won't work.

Perhaps I should have made it more clear that this is a separate site to Trannyweb with it's own member database, so you'll need to register again.

The reason is because to run an auction, member's need to give different information.

Trannyweb doesn't ask people for addresses but with an auction, the seller will need to know where to send the goods. Your address is kept secret though and contact details are only exchanged between vendor and buyer at the end of an auction.

As an incentive to get some auctions going, we're offering £10 credit for your account, although you can choose the currency you sell your goods in.

Not sure what kind of eejet's Ziggy means but if anyone tries to abuse the system, we'll do whatever we can to stop it.

Remember, when you use an auction to buy or sell, the contract is between you and the other party. If they fail to pay you, don't send the goods.

If TrannyBay is successful, we may look at introducing some kind of escrow service in the near future, which will make things even easier and more secure.

One last thing though - if you think that TrannyBay is a good idea then please use it because if nobody does, it will be gone very soon. So "use it or lose it" as they say at my local gym.

Thnaks and hugs,

Katie x
    • 1980 posts
    May 15, 2005 3:21 PM BST
    Hi Katie-

Woo-hoo (as Rachael would say, btw, has anyone seen/heard from her lately?), I got registered! Thanks for the help, Katie, you are the best webmistress a girl ever had!<g> What a cool place and what a great idea, kudos to you and Gloria for being such clever girls. You take such good care of us.

Hugs, Joni