Good Morning Monday 16th May

• May 16, 2005 9:23 AM BST
    Good morning from a rather overcast and dull Chester.

Was a beautiful weekend though, the first weekend in ages when I haven't done anything trans-related, decided to feed my soul and went for a long walk along the beach at Talacre on the Welsh coast ..

.. decided I want to live in the old lighthouse. Just me, but you can visit if you must. Do you think they'll let me? I can just see me tottering around the top balcony platform in a loud frock, sunlight glinting off me 'tiara. "Beware all shipping!" That should stop them running aground on the sand banks in the Liverpool approaches.

Good luck to Shan .. (she has a big day today)

Cerys xx
    • 2463 posts
    May 16, 2005 2:00 PM BST
    Good morning from a both sunny and overcast day here in Oak Park, Illinois.

The weekend was okay. Could have been better. I wrote about Friday night in my blog. Those kids really did a great job with that opera!

Cerys, can I just move in there for, say, a month or two? PLEASE?!?!? Except for my occasional snoring (bad sinuses!) you won't know I'm there!

Have a great day everybody!

Mere
    • 8 posts
    May 16, 2005 6:55 PM BST
    Good morning from Sunny Southern California. Ok to make everyone jealous, the weekend was absolutely gorgeous. I went on a little hike in the local hills, and everything was so green, from all of the rain we had. Today is supposed to be another mid 70's to 80's. But right now it is still overcast.
    • 2463 posts
    May 16, 2005 7:21 PM BST
    Hi Sylvia, and WELCOME! I've never been to California. Come on out to the Chicago area where we have all four seasons, often in the same day. As we say out here, if you don't like the weather, wait another 30 minutes.
  • May 16, 2005 10:02 PM BST
    Hi Mere, Sylvia and all,

Sunny day here in San Francisco. Even with a wireless net, I'm stuck working inside....(Outside of house being painted).

Cerys, that Lighthouse sure looks inviting. Perhaps you could run a Bed and Breakfast from it. I would sign up!

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn

• May 16, 2005 10:15 PM BST
    Good idea Michelle

.. but you'll need sensible shoes, it's quite a hike from the nearest road, and it's cut off by the tide twice a day .. (how romantic)

Cerys xx