Good Morning wednesday 18th May

• May 18, 2005 11:02 AM BST
    Good morning!

Gosh it's quiet, where is everybody? Even quiet at work today. I did a quick search for On this Day in History and all the BBC could come up with was ..

"1972 Duke of Windsor too ill to take tea with Queen"

Perhaps there's something about May the 18th I'm not aware of .. is it a holiday ...?

Perhaps it's "International Stay in bed Day" and nobody told me.

Wake up ....!!

Cerys x
  • May 18, 2005 11:39 AM BST
    There's more ..

You know you're getting old when it's 25 years since something you can remember happening ... err .. happened.

Possibly meaningless to our American sisters but it's been a staggeringly rapid quarter of a century since the untimely passing of Manchester musician Ian Curtis.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/h[...]719.stm

Bless him ..

Cerys x
    (Love will tear us apart ... again)
    • 2463 posts
    May 18, 2005 1:30 PM BST
    Good morning. AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGHHHHH! (jump jum jump). It's been a while since any of us did that!

Feeling better today, girls, and I'll be getting out and about looking for some work to keep me occupied for a while. Still got my night class tonight, and since it's the last night for the course it will be short.

Have a great day!
    Mere
  • May 18, 2005 5:57 PM BST
    JUMP JUMP JUMP AAARRGGHHHH!!! doing wonderful here, been 2 full weeks since i have been full time and I am in heaven!!!!Wish everyone could feel this good.
    • 2463 posts
    May 18, 2005 6:21 PM BST
    Rikki, anytime one of my girlfriends is happy then I'm happy.

Girls, I'M A FINALIST AT THAT COLLEGE!!! Okay, Mere, settle down.....

What a day!
  • May 19, 2005 11:23 AM BST
    Good morning, Good morning!

Why start a new thread when you can roll yesterday's over into today with a simple change of subject header?

On This Day ... 1980 Mount StHelens erupted ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/ont[...]133.stm

Ain't nature amazing?

Cerys xx
    (You can tell I'm bored .. somebody make the phone ring!)
  • May 19, 2005 1:47 PM BST
    no dont change the header..lol..wouldnt that make it hard ti archive a particular day if we wanted to see what was going on that day?, I have frequently gone bk to days when i first joined just to see what my mindset was....
    but besides all that..JUMP JUMP JUMP AAARRGGGHHH Good Morning
    Peoples...anyone ever try a sauna?? lol
  • May 19, 2005 3:04 PM BST
    Rikki

Consider my legs slapped, new day new thread from now on xx

I tried a sauna once, it was errrr hot! I'm one of those people who doesn't seem to sweat, all around me people were glistening and trickling (steady on!) .. but me, dry as a bone. I must be a strange lizard hybrid.

Cerys xx
    (off to regenerate some new limbs)
    • 2463 posts
    May 19, 2005 6:20 PM BST
    Good morning ladies, although it is afternoon here now, and evening by a lot of you.

Shan, I think maybe you should switch to decaf.