interestin telly?

• 2068 posts
    May 22, 2005 12:53 PM BST
    girls...there's a rather interesting looking programme coming up on channel 4 thursday night that may well be worth a look.It's called "middle sex" and it's on at 9pm thurs evening.It's a documentary looking at transsexualism and i quote " featuring testimony from people who have suffered as a result of their sexuality and interviews with leading experts in the field". now i know we've seen this kind of prog before and who's to say it'll be any different to the rest but it may well be worth a look....after all it's on for an hour and a half.I just thought you girls ought to know it's on...love and xxxxxxx anna-marie
    • 2463 posts
    May 22, 2005 2:21 PM BST
    For us US girls, could someone please summarize it for us and post it here? Like Anna-Marie pointed out, the bias towards the TG community (good or bad) ought to be interesting.

I doubt if they'll show it here in the Chicago area even though the two public stations often show British programs. One station is excellent but has no budget. The other has money (although they deny it) and won't spend it on very much worthwhile.

Thanks for the help! Mere
    • 2627 posts
    May 22, 2005 3:20 PM BST
    Hi Mere
    It's been on here a couple of times[cable tv]. Bangkok, Thailand.
    You'll find it has no relation to us. They live in thier own community & are excepted. Most of them are eunucs dressed as women. It was intresting but for different reasons than what I thought it was going to be.

• May 22, 2005 6:33 PM BST
    Heres a link to some details on the programme from the Channel4 website.

http://www.channel4.com/h[...]le_sex/

As far as I can tell this a recent film from the UK film maker Antony Thomas who made the controversial film "Death of a Princess" that sparked a diplomatic row between Britain and Saudi Arabia some years back; the programme Karen mentions may just coincidentaly have a similar title.

Trouble is, it overlaps with the unmissable "Kath and Kim" (very silly Australian comedy show) which to watch and which to record?

Cerys xx
    • 2627 posts
    May 22, 2005 6:59 PM BST
    The titles are the same. But that doesn't sound like the program I saw. Now I want to see this one. They are doing more & more about TS's showing them in a better light than what you normaly see on TV. I still think crossdressing will became a new fad now that I'm to old to realy dress in the little skirts I've allways wanted to wear.
  • May 22, 2005 8:03 PM BST
    Yeah Karen "Sods law" probably means that being openly TG will become widely accepted (even respectable) just about the time that I'm too old and wrinkly to join in the fun too.

.. And if that isn't an argument for getting onboard with Ziggy's revolution then nothing is ..!

Cerys xx
  • May 26, 2005 9:43 AM BST
    Just wanted to bump this back up the list for any UK girls that may have missed the thread earlier in the week as the show is on tonight ..

Also spotted an interesting piece on the relationship between Intersex and Transgender on last week's GenderTalk radio programme.

http://www.gendertalk.com[...]0.shtml

Follow the link, and download the mp3 (or Real Audio), the article in question is about 35 mins in from the start. Or you could listen to the whole show, it's all good stuff.

Cerys xx