"Boys will be Girls" Newspaper article

• May 26, 2005 12:53 PM BST
    LO

Stumbled across this whilst link hopping from another site, thought I'd pass it on ..

Good general backgrounder if you needed to point someone in the right direction.

"Boys will be Girls" from The Guardian, August 2003

http://society.guardian.c[...]00.html

.. apologies if it's old news but I hadn't seen it before

Cerys xx

• 1198 posts
    May 26, 2005 1:32 PM BST
    Interesting article Cerys,

i particuly like the bit on how the little boy, wanted to play with girls and dolls, then all of a sudden all trace's of his GID dissappeared.......hugz Julie xx
    • 2573 posts
    May 26, 2005 3:43 PM BST
    This article left me in tears. I think it was because experience led me to believe, at one point in the article, that I was going to be reading about how experts were "curing" children of GID. I was horrified, the way I am when reading about genital mutilation. My relief when that turned out to be not at all the case was....tears. I am so happy that children are now being helped to be who they are instead of...having done to them what was done to me and many other's here. Being packed into "correct" little boxes and sent along to live distorted lives that were ultimately filled with guilt, torment and terrible decisions. Thank you Cerys for posting that link. It gives hope for the future. We may all live to see a generation of mass-accepted transgendered persons grow up in our societies.