A question on a somewhat vulgar topic!!

• 2463 posts
    June 9, 2005 4:45 PM BST
    Okay, I was debating whether to ask this, but some of us here in the States are dying to know the truth.....

There's a tape circulating among U.S. radio show hosts of a Swedish woman television newscaster who just recently, shall we say, let one rip while on the air. Is this true? A hoax?

It's amazing what a girl can think about when housebound too much. My apologies.

Meredith the Deranged Psycho Ninja
    Soon to be committed
    • 2463 posts
    June 9, 2005 8:34 PM BST
    Oh, dear, that site......

In my never-ending quest to make my 7 year old daughter as psycho as I am, I let her be here while I played the sounds off that site. I threatened her, under the pain of death and no more treats at the grocery store, to NOT tell Mommy what we were doing. Of course, that's like trying to keep ants away from a picnic by pouring sugar on the ground.

So, girls, is that story I asked about true?
    • 588 posts
    June 10, 2005 9:02 AM BST
    No great surprise that this could easily be found on the norwegian web. Swedish blunders - norwegians have loved them ever since our struggle for national independence in the late 1800's. (And this incident happened a few days before our 100th year anniversary as an independent nation.)
    There's a picture of the unlucky woman, and a clickable link to the newsclip, at http://www.nesteklikk.no/[...]16.html
    The norwegian text says - in a more or less direct translation:
    "There's a time and place for everything. And, as most of us probably know, direct broadcast TV is not the best of places for .... This funny little movie clip shows what can happen when your body isn't quite on your side."

• 2463 posts
    June 10, 2005 3:24 PM BST
    Oh, what did I do? I really started an interesting thread this time, didn't I?
    • 2127 posts
    June 11, 2005 12:40 AM BST
    Yes you did Mere. Here's an unfortunate lady, having a technicolor yawn on BBC national radio...

KT x
    • 2463 posts
    June 11, 2005 4:48 AM BST
    Oh my God, Katie!!!!!

That's why I can't stop laughing!

Thanks for the laugh. After today I sure needed it.