Sean Bean

• June 13, 2005 10:06 PM BST
    There is a rugged quality to Sean that seems to melt girls hearts, personally speaking I find him quite cute in a odd sort of way.....i wouldn't kick him out of bed though!!!!

He played Alec Trevlyn in Goldeneye and Andy McNabb in the BBC dramatisation of Bravo Two Zero. Wow he was gorgeous in that uniform!!!!!

Think it boils down to the bad boy image in a way Mere but that's my own personal feeling. He'll never beat Pierce Brosnan though.

Alex
    xxx
    going for a cold shower now
    • 2068 posts
    June 13, 2005 10:13 PM BST
    don't get me going on sean bean...mmmmmm me likes him. I have seen EVERY one of the "sharpe" series from rifles to waterloo and it's him that makes them worth watching.I've seen him in other things but he's MUCH better as Major Richard Sharpe!
    Love and xxxxxxx anna-marie
    • 2463 posts
    June 13, 2005 8:50 PM BST
    Okay, another mindless post from Meredith the Incredibly Bored Psycho Ninja.

Here in the States most people know who Sean Bean is from "Lord of the Rings." Here in the Psycho Ninja household we've been familiar with him for a while, although not that much, and I remember once or twice he made a little cameo on "Vicar of Dibley."

This weekend we tried to watch the horribly boring and stupid "National Treasure" in which Bean played the villain. Why the hell did I spend money on this rental? I must be mental. Hey, that rhymes! (Can you tell I'm bored right now?) I was rooting for Bean to win.

Me and my wife got into a discussion about him. What is it about him that women seem to like? Is he really that hot? I think he's a good actor, don't get me wrong there, I guess we're just missing what the big deal is. Or is there a "big" deal?
    • 2068 posts
    June 13, 2005 10:13 PM BST
    don't get me going on sean bean...mmmmmm me likes him. I have seen EVERY one of the "sharpe" series from rifles to waterloo and it's him that makes them worth watching.I've seen him in other things but he's MUCH better as Major Richard Sharpe!
    Love and xxxxxxx anna-marie
    • 2463 posts
    June 13, 2005 10:37 PM BST
    I guess I should clarify that we are familiar with the "Sharpe" series, especially since our library carries some of those videos. And I do remember his other work, like in the stupid Bond film. Sorry, could never stand Bond. James Bond. Oh, yeah, you're a super spy. They'll kill your ass within two seconds.

I sure do appreciate your comments. Yes, he does have likable qualities. Maybe it's an American thing. Here they think George W. was worthy to re-elect as resident dickhead, uh, I mean, president. Sean sure seems cool. Like I said, we were rooting for him to kick the f'g crap out of Nicholas Cage.

Go Bean Go!!!!
    • 2463 posts
    June 14, 2005 1:21 AM BST
    Oh, please now Kendra! Don't get relaxed there. Just because the MSS has been, shall we say, quiet lately doesn't mean we're not on the move. Oh, yes, that black dress.........
    • 1652 posts
    June 14, 2005 2:44 AM BST
    he's kind of hunky i guess, though i preferred robert redford, and yes, pierce brosnan, and well, others too...
    the problem i have with sean bean is that he always plays himself, doesn't seem to do much acting, though i did quite like sharpe. the trouble is his accent, he just can't get out of it. the attempted posh english accent in goldeneye was atrocious, and broad sheffield just doesn't seem to belong in middle earth.
    • 2573 posts
    June 14, 2005 4:46 AM BST
    Hmmmm, Sean Bean I "like" as a good guy (Sharpe) and "dislike" as a bad guy (numerous terrorists) which I attribute to his acting ability. Nicholas Cage I dislike in all his movies. I may love the movie and watch it repeatedly but I "dislike" Cage. I attribute this to him being a not very nice person offstage. Just my gut feelings.

Robert Redford...not man enough....Arnold Schwartznegger...too, too macho and I don't like him personally although I wish he was acting and not governing because I like his movies...usually. Russell Crowe...possibilities... MASTER AND COMMANDER was wonderful on the big screen. Something for boys and girls in that one...a great T-Chick-Flick
    • 1198 posts
    June 14, 2005 9:13 AM BST
    Sean Bean......Richard Sharpe and his rifle's.........Mmmmmmm, he could lift my my petty coats above my head any day......hugz Julie xx
    • 2463 posts
    June 14, 2005 1:46 PM BST
    JJ, Anna-Marie, Wendy......now now now girls, let's act like ladies here........oh, GO FOR IT!!!! Maybe we can get Mr. Bean to show up at a TM.