How Did You Find Tweb

• 1195 posts
    June 25, 2005 11:52 PM BST
    Well - been searchin', searchin'... and finally found TW. When Katie asked for help I joined up. I think its almost time to renew....
    lol
    Mary Grace xxxxx
    • 338 posts
    June 26, 2005 6:42 PM BST
    google here too..

after sticking a whole rnage of words in the 'not including' box to filter most of the 'X' out, t-web was on the first page, ad frankly the only one without popups, so i stayed, four months later i finally got into chat, and have kinda bin here ever since.
    • 2627 posts
    June 22, 2005 5:16 AM BST

Hello I was thinking(didn't evan hurt much) while reading some posts. How I found Tweb. I had been doing google searches looking up crossderssers,transgender, men in drag, to see if I could realy look like women. I had found other sites that were more of a political nature. You sign up & get a news letter every couple of weeks. (big deal). One day I clicked & OMG!!
    I joined but was so scared I would get caught. I was so lost.
    Tiina put a coment in a blog I wrote.(T I will allways love you)
    I was alone in my little world for so long I felt realy out of place with people that talked openly about this stuff.
    But I'm still here & as you can see I can talk my ass off.

So I was wondering how did you other girls( I love saying that)get here & how did you feel.
  • June 22, 2005 11:44 AM BST
    Karen,

mmmmm good question, how did I find TWeb? To be honest I really can't remember the exact route to enlightenment but I think the feeling was similar to yours. Something along the lines of "Well now I know I'm not the only one!"

And the rest as they say is history!!!

Alex
    • 2463 posts
    June 22, 2005 1:41 PM BST
    I found TW quite by accident. I was surfing the net while giving an exam (the students could not see the monitor) and happened to run across the link. Keep in mind that at the time I was extremely closeted and not one single person anywhere in any way knew about me being TG.

So I clicked on the link, checked out the site, signed up, and the next thing I knew I had a ton of new friends. Within a few weeks I had the courage to start coming out.
  • June 22, 2005 6:12 PM BST
    Karen,

I got very sick and tired of being alone in this issue. While I am "out" to my spouse, my daughter, my family members, and the occasional shopkeeper, none of them really want to talk about "IT."

I felt so alone, that one day I Googled "transvestite help pychological."

This was one of the pages that showed up in the search. It seemed to be the best combination of friendly/helpful members, good advice, and fun. It was not x-rated, nor a place to find a date ('cept maybe in "Chat").

For a married CD/TG/WhatEver, it was a safe place to visit. After visiting a few times, and doing a few posts, and seeing a post encouraging folks to become paying members, I joined. Now, I look forward to "what's new here..." and log on almost every day or so to check the posts in the forums.

I am very greatfull to find out that I am not alone. I am very thankful for all of the support and honesty many of you have shared. Hopefully, some of my posts have been of help to others, as your girls' posts have been of great help to me in accepting who I am.

Thank you, TW, for being here fo us!

Thank you, Katie, for maintaining this site!

Thank you, Karen, for starting the thread!

Dang! I sound like a cheerleader for TW! Well, I guess I am!!! I would have sold my mother to have been one in school. (Darn those cheerleader girls with the cute skirts, the nice looks, the feminine charms. Darn my own jealousy that I couldn't be one of them...)

Now there's an idea for a thread...

Anyway, sorry to get off of the subject and do another long post. I guess that I just have a lot to talk about...

Sincerely Yours,

Kari
    • 2463 posts
    June 22, 2005 8:58 PM BST
    BRICKER BRACKER FIRECRACKER SISS BOOM BAH!
    TRANNYWEB TRANNYWEB RAH RAH RAH!!!!

Okay, I stole part of that from a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Actually, Kari, you should see the piccie of Joni in her cheerleader outfit. And, I'm with you. I was so jealous of those outfits. When I was in school I didn't know what I wanted more - to wear their clothes or to go to bed with them. Actually, it was both, but, if I had to make a decision........hmmm........

Good idea for a thread. Start it!

By the way, the Cubs have won the first two games of the series. Shall we up the ante?

Mere
  • June 22, 2005 9:39 PM BST
    Mere,

We both knew, almost from the ouset, how this bet would end up.

Barring a miracle, please look at the following form and reply back with your size, color and style preference so I can purchase the appropriate hosiery.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/html/custsrvc/sizecharts/

Someday, a professional baseball team will come to Milwaukee.

Until then...

Sincerely Yours,

Kari
    • 1195 posts
    June 25, 2005 11:51 PM BST
    Well - been searchin', searchin'... and finally found TW. When Katie asked for help I joined up. I think its almost time to renew....
    lol
    Mary Grace xxxxx
    • 1195 posts
    June 25, 2005 11:52 PM BST
    lol
    Mary Grace xxxxx
    • 1980 posts
    June 26, 2005 12:50 AM BST
    Hi Karen-

You always come up with good questions, girl. I don't really remember either, but I think it was mentioned by someone in a post in some other group. Anyway, I checked it out and have never been happier to have found anything. I've said it before and I'll say it again, TW is the greatest place on the web for girls like us. Yay for TW, yay for Katie and yay for all of us.

Hugs...Joni
    • 2573 posts
    June 26, 2005 1:21 AM BST
    GOOGLE found TW for me. Ya gotta love it!

By the way, Google is starting what may become competition for PayPal. Maybe we should start a GLBT movement to eschew PayPal until they stop discrimination practices against alternative lifestyles. They might ignore even 25,000 TW members, but 50 million GLBT Americans, Brits and others around the world?

Please don't change the thread's topic. To discuss this idea please start a new thread. Thank you.