Hubz - The Unauthorized Biography

• 2573 posts
    July 1, 2005 7:40 AM BST
    I have already had 3 questions about Hubz today. I feel secure in stating that, apparently, our long awaited, site-wide, instant "PM" system is being installed by Katie and linked to DigiChat. Once it is ready, when you see someone on TW you can call them into DigiChat, an individual IM, hold discussions on a particular page of TW, go shopping online together, etc. No more waiting for someone to check their email or messages to see you have sent a PM the day before. It has KICK and BAN capabilities that are very powerful. "Problem Children" can be managed, removed or banned by individual IPs and browsers. It obviously is only partially installed and being tuned, so please be patient and give Katie and the programmers time to finish. I know some of you are puzzled and concerned, so I am taking the liberty of this UNAUTHORIZED post.

I am very excited about this new capability on TW.

http://www.hubz.com
    For a bit more information, but not a lot of detail, check this link.

• 2127 posts
    July 1, 2005 12:08 PM BST
    Hi Girls,

It was supposed to be a surprise but you all found it lurking at the bottom of every page. Yes, we have finally had Hubz installed. Hooray!

However, it has not been integrated with our membership database and may not be for a while yet. Therefore, at present you will only be able to see how many peeps are online and where they are but not who they are.

Before anyone asks why the stats on our menu page show a different number of people online, it's because Hubz is constantly being updated live, whereas our older stats area is only updated every fifteen minutes.

Katherine Albany has been writing a little applet to replace our older stats and that will also show you how many peeps there are in the chat rooms. That's coming soon.

The whole idea is to make Trannyweb more vibrant and to make it come alive. So now, instead of static and passive pages, we will have live things happening all over the place.

It will be some time before the Hubz integration is complete so please bear with us while it is going on.

Many thanks,

Katie x