Yahoo Instant Messenger Going Away?

• 1980 posts
    July 16, 2005 3:00 PM BST
    Hi Girls-

I got a note from a friend of mine that on August 17th Yahoo intends to expunge, delete, remove and otherwise do away with their free instant messaging (YIM). Has anyone heard anything about this? While I don't chat everyday, still I have frittered away many a happy hour chatting with friends and it would be a shame to lose such a great way to keep in touch.

Of course, TW has it's chatrooms that you can be private on and MSN has it's version as do others, but I have a fairly extensive collection of people on my Yahoo list, a number of whom are not TW members, and I would hate to lose touch with many of them. My experience with Yahoo in situations like this is that they are less than responsive when it comes to questions or objections about their decisions. Apparently their attitude, and perhaps rightly so, is since they offer it for free users have no right to bitch about how it's run.

Well, anyway, if anyone has heard anything about it, could you let me know and perhaps if lots of us who use it write in, perhaps <hah hah hah> Yahoo will listen.

Hugs...Joni
    • 2127 posts
    July 16, 2005 6:40 PM BST
    I've got the answer Joni - why not ask all of your non-Trannyweb friends to join us? It's free!

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 1652 posts
    July 17, 2005 1:58 AM BST
    • 1652 posts
    July 17, 2005 2:25 AM BST
    I had a spate of fake "paypal" emails recently, asking me to confirm my details. Forward any such mails to [email protected]
    Then trash 'em!
    xx
    • 1980 posts
    July 17, 2005 1:44 PM BST
    Thanks, Lucy, I appreciate it. You know, most of the time I'm pretty skeptical about things and check on places like Snopes and Hoaxbusters, but because this came from somone I know and trust I just kind of took their word for it...d'oh. Silly me.

Thanks again, dear.

Hugs...Joni