Speaking of Movies

• 1980 posts
    July 17, 2005 7:18 PM BST
    Well, I guess we weren't really, but we could, that is if you'd like to. Has anyone gotten a chance to see Charley and the Chocolate Factory, yet? If you have, did you like it as much as I did? I loved it, I thought it was one of the funniest and fun movies I've seen in ages and ages. And if you haven't, you really should just stop whatever it is you're doing right now and hop in your car or get on the bus or put on your jogging shoes and get right on down to your local theatre, you will love it.

Oh and does anyone else besides me think that Johnny Depp would make an absolutely gorgeoust t-girl?

Hugs...Joni
    • 2463 posts
    July 17, 2005 9:26 PM BST
    JONI! HOW COULD YOU FORGET?!?!?!?!?

Johnny Depp played the lead role in "Ed Wood," the story of Hollywood's most famous transvestite! Well, Wood never really made it big in Hollywood, but you get my point.

Like with this new film, this one was also directed by Tim Burton. Check it out. It really is very good, and, for a Hollywood biopic, pretty accurate.
    • 127 posts
    July 17, 2005 11:06 PM BST
    Johnny Depp played a tranny? I'll have to get that one. I always though he looked fem and I bet he looks great!!!

Heather
    • 1980 posts
    July 18, 2005 5:23 AM BST
    Meredith, what a fountain of information you are. If will have to get my fanny right over to Netflix and put it on my list. So have you seen it, what did you think of it?

The last "tranny" film I watched was Priscilla Queen of the Desert which was pretty funny.

Sorry this is so brief, getting ready for work. Thanks for the tip.

Hugs...Joni
    • 2463 posts
    July 18, 2005 1:45 PM BST
    "Ed Wood" really is a great film. Depp was incredible, as usual. I have a copy of it. Got it as a birthday gift from my wife before she knew about my own dressing. The movie covers Wood's career to the release of his most famous film, "Plan 9 From Outer Space."

Ed Wood himself made some of the most "notorious" films ever. He had a lot of heart, just not a lot of talent that he was patient enough to develop. One of his first films was "Glen or Glenda," which was originally slated to cash in on the first transsexual operation. Ed played the lead role in the film, although under a different name.

Wood also gave Bela Lugosi his last shred of "dignity" by casting him in his movies. They were pretty good friends.

Depp really gave a moving performance of a man who failed to succeed in the one industry he loved. Check it out.
    • 2463 posts
    July 18, 2005 6:24 PM BST
    One last thing - Martin Landau won the Academy Award for Best Supporting actor for his portrayal of Bela in the film "Ed Wood." Great movie. Go see it.