Server Reboot Warning - at 1630 UTT

• 2127 posts
    July 19, 2005 5:20 PM BST
    The server will be rebooted today at 1630 UTT and will be offline for up to 30 minutes for essential maintenance.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2127 posts
    July 19, 2005 7:43 PM BST
    The server was offline for a couple of hours earlier for maintenance - much longer than we'd anticipated.

Thanks for bearing with us. This work really needed to be carried out.

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    • 614 posts
    July 19, 2005 7:58 PM BST
    no problems katie and it explains why i couldnt get in
    • 2127 posts
    July 19, 2005 9:33 PM BST
    Apart from posting this notice in the forums, I did also send a "broadcast message" to everyone in the chat rooms and also a PM to everyone else who was online at that time.

However, I couldn't let anyone who wasn't online then, know about our "scheduled downtime".

I've been thinking about ways that we can communicate in future when things like this happen.

We may try to introduce a Trannyweb Toolbar for your browser which would actually reside on our other server. That way, if the main server was down for any reason, you could see a message telling you why in your toolbar.

It could also be used to stop those annoying popups on other people's sites and various other things too.

Is that a good idea?

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 614 posts
    July 19, 2005 9:39 PM BST
    sounds like a good idea to me , that way if its not a normal rebot etc we can contact you to let you no and also will no if any others contact us egards to site dwn and be a bonus if it helps kill pop ups
    • 588 posts
    July 19, 2005 9:49 PM BST
    You're right Tiina. The break came... conveniently.. for me at least. I went for a walk in the rain, actually. Still, would be nice knowing why when we cannot get in.

Linda
    • 2127 posts
    July 19, 2005 11:41 PM BST
    I'm going to start researching a TW toolbar tomorrow. Then you will always know what's going on.

Hugs,

Katie x
  • July 20, 2005 4:58 AM BST
    Katie,

Thank you for everything you fdo to keep this community "up and running."

Sincerely Yours,

Kari