New Trannyweb Toolbar - our latest toy!!

• 338 posts
    July 25, 2005 7:19 PM BST
    ok i like it.. works well under msie, and when i can lock that program down well enough to let it out into the big bad world i can see using it a fair bit.

i can also see the *massive* advantage it gives with regard to sending messages to people, even when not hooked up to t-web directly
    • 2127 posts
    July 24, 2005 8:25 PM BST
    Hooray! Let me unveil our newest toy - The Trannyweb Toolbar!!!

The Trannyweb toolbar will prevent those annoying popups, allow yo to empty your internet files cache and history list and delete cookies.

It will also allow you to go to a selection of TW pages instantly and bring you important Trannyweb Alerts (like the one we have already sent regarding our chat room problems).

The toolbar has it's own chat room too and a tranny news ticker with all the latest news from the transgender world.

Please download yours now from this URL:

http://trannyweb.ourtoolbar.com

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    • 456 posts
    July 25, 2005 12:11 AM BST
    There is a problem as it sits on my IE all the time
    • 2627 posts
    July 25, 2005 12:25 AM BST
    Tina thats what tool bars do. They are allways there.
    I like it but I can't leave it in my computer. There are people I don't want knowing about me. So it's back to Google tool bar.
    • 2127 posts
    July 25, 2005 11:31 AM BST
    Thanks for the feedback girls. The menu will be gathering more items today and there's no need for you to download it again to get the changes. They appear automatically the next time you open your browser.

It's true that the Yahoo and Google bars already offer identical items like popup blocking but our bar also offers you things you can't get with Google.

You also have the option on our bar to search Google, Yahoo, Lycos, Excite, and a heap of other search engines too. You'll even be able to search using our own engine - Mabel!

I think it will be fairly difficulty to find another toolbar that has a transgender ticker.

The Toolbar's chatroom may be a bit basic but it is just another extra that it's better to have have not have and the cache, history and cookie clearing functions are must-haves.

We will also now be able to communicate with our members without sending out emails,by using the RSS Message feature. This will still work even if both of our servers are down so it's a good feature to have.

> once you add things to the bar there is no way to remove them

Not sure what you meant by that Glo.

Obviously this new toy is not for everyone but please do give it a chance.

In the past I think we have all been too quick to criticise and that's the reason why the Tranny Messenger that Gloria mentioned, was scrapped.

It was a really good piece of software and was just like MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger, but it was ours, just for us.

It cost me a load of money to buy and have installed and then I spent a couple of weeks configuring it and getting it just right.

However, it was Windows software and when it was launched, instead of the pat on the back I'd been hoping for after all I'd put into it, there was an immediate and vocal backlash from the Apple Mac and Linux users.

In what I can now see was a stupid knee-jerk reaction, I scapped the whole thing. What a waste of time and money that was.

Therefore, I say to you, this new toolbar toy may not be good for CD's who don't want their children finding it but it will be good for those who do not have such constrictions.

Please do give it a chance and remember, it has one big advantage over the Google and Yahoo toolbars of this world - it's ours!

Hugs,

Katie x
  • July 25, 2005 12:21 PM BST
    Katie,

Just a thought but would it be possible to change the TrannyWeb on the toolbar to just TW? The Yahoo one I have on my machine just has a simple Y! simple and unobtrusive. Also the Yahoo one is quite personalisable in that you can adjust the layout, ad and remove buttons etc so you could remove say the news ticker if you wanted it more low key.

All just ideas to help people who need a little more privacy take up the idea.

Alex
    xxx
    • 2627 posts
    July 25, 2005 12:51 PM BST
    Well I reinstalled. Just to test it. It can be hidden or I can switch back to google with a right click. Than back again later.
    • 338 posts
    July 25, 2005 7:04 PM BST
    does this work with firefox?

also if its got an 'RSS' heart then given this is a sort of standard it should be possible (not played with rss much) to use it *outside* the toolbar via a seperate rss client, which means it should (of that bit anyway) work on ANYTHING.

theres plenty of these things cropping up all over the place, tis nice to see one thats not ad stuffed and frankly focused on 'me'..

given i don't use MSIE much i'll download it and give it a whirl.. new shiney toy afterall..

p.s. the linux community known for biting any hand that feeds em.. all ya gotta do to *fit in* is provide a version of it as a source file...

in an obscure language...

without a config or install file....

a help file thats no help at all...

oh yes and something that stops it compiling..

then and only then will they be happy..

'course the mac community somewhat harder to please, somethign actually working ins't enough..

p.s. where the atari falcon030 version... (ducks for cover, and hides)
    • 86 posts
    July 25, 2005 9:32 PM BST
    Trannyweb Toolbar, brilliant, Katie...So simple, even I can use it.
    Much Love, Elly. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    • 2127 posts
    July 26, 2005 4:22 PM BST
    Hi girls,

Of course Tippy especially likes the Tranny News Ticker but that's not for everyone.

I've acted on many of your suggestions girls and have now changed the logo from Trannyweb to TW. There are now more TW links in the drop-down menu and there are more to follow.

The chat button now leads to our proper TrannyChat chat room, which has just been upgraded to the latest version.

Tiina said:

> The TW bar search only opens the requested
    > search engine whereby I have to enter
    > the search argument again.
    Just click on the Google link and it searches Google for you, without you having to enter the search terms again. You can also search Yahoo, MSN and Teoma without entering your keywords again.

> Google bar also blocks the pop ups.
    So does the Trannyweb Toolbar!

But if you're happy with your Google bar then that's fine.

I can't force people to use the Trannyweb bar just as I can't insist on people downloading T-Log, and nor would I.

However, like our TrannyGames or TrannyPix, it's just another little feature that's there if you want it.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 1195 posts
    July 27, 2005 11:39 PM BST
    Katie - I think the tool bar is great. Unfortunately, I had to remove it. My sister-in-law uses this computer on occasion and she is a liberal thinker but I and my SO don't believe she would understand my desires....no one's fault - just a precaution.
    Keep up the great work..
    lol xxxxx
  • July 28, 2005 12:19 AM BST
    Katie and All,

Does this work with Apple Safari?

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
    • 2127 posts
    July 28, 2005 10:57 AM BST
    'fraid not Michelle. It's currently only available for
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0+ on systems running Windows NT/2000/XP.

The makers say they're thinking about creating a Mac version.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 614 posts
    July 28, 2005 12:43 PM BST
    when i finally get back on my desk top ill down load it and give it ago
    • 2 posts
    August 10, 2005 7:37 AM BST
    Awesome toy Katie! Great Job!
  • August 18, 2005 12:25 PM BST
    the tool bar sounds like a good idea but as a Mac user i hope a Mac version for OSX 10.1.5 will be available soon