a NEW venture for me

• 2068 posts
    July 31, 2005 9:48 PM BST
    I most certainly DO mere honey.....the job's yours!! love and xxxx anna-marie
    • 2068 posts
    July 26, 2005 10:04 PM BST
    girls,it seems like my plans are coming together at long last.I have been looking into setting up a TG help/support group in the lowestoft area as there's nowhere locally to turn to.I have spoken to the mental health people,our Local(waveney primary healthcare trust) and the response i've had has been good to say the least....very encouraging! i'm also soon enrolling on a counselling course too which will help me futher myself.I have heard i may be able to get a government grant to get me started up so i'll be looking into that.I am going into this venture with my eyes open,it may work...it may not but i will not know unless i try,giving it 100 %.It's something i have always wanted to do,give help and advice to other girls who may have nowhere else to turn to.I'm hopin to help lots,but if i help one girl to not feel alone and a little less guilty about what they do then i'll be one VERY happy girl indeed.Wish me luck girls,i think i'll need it. Obviously i'll keep you informed of any progress made.Love and xxxxxxxx anna-marie
    • 20 posts
    July 26, 2005 10:10 PM BST
    I wish you the greatest of good fortune on this project! I know the help is needed everywhere, I'm sure you will do much good in your community.
  • July 26, 2005 10:21 PM BST
    Hi Anna Marie
    I wish you every success, for yourself and for those who you will obviously help in the future. Anna it takes a very special person to help special people. And as you say, if you can help just one girl feel less alone you will have acheived a great deal. But Im sure you and others will gain more than that from this venture. Good luck and best wishes for your success.

Love Dorothy (an SO mum)

Butterflies begin from having been another (from a song by Eva Cassidy)
    • 364 posts
    July 27, 2005 12:16 AM BST
    My thoughts and hopes are with you

Joanne
    • 2463 posts
    July 27, 2005 12:42 AM BST
    If you get a large enough grant, maybe you could hire a specific U.S. girl from someplace like, say, the Chicago/Oak Park area, and she could move there and help you run the place. After all, this girl, who shall remain nameless, does have a lot of writing and teaching experience and could help you reach out through programs, pamphlets, etc.

Just a thought. I really don't have anyone like that in mind at the moment.
    • 2573 posts
    July 27, 2005 4:57 AM BST
    You are terrific Anna-marie. Transgender-fission. One person affects many and they do the same. Soon everyone is reached. Good for you.
    • 2627 posts
    July 27, 2005 5:10 AM BST
    Anna you sre a beautifull person!!
    • 2068 posts
    July 27, 2005 12:04 PM BST
    you're not droppin HINTS are you Mere...hehehe. Of course i'd have you to help me out if i become big enough. As they say, from small acorns.... Love and xxx anna-marie
    • 2068 posts
    July 28, 2005 12:07 PM BST
    just a quick update girls,i've contacted all the people i have to( mental health,NHS trust,Beaumont society..) just have to wait and see now....it's the waitin that's the hardest part.love and xxxxxx to you ALL! anna-marie
    • 614 posts
    July 28, 2005 12:40 PM BST
    i wish you all the best with this anna

keep us all upto date with how things go and maybe when youve got a group running you could all coming along to one tw wbes fabulos girlie nites out run by 1 classy tart dont no who she is though
    • 2068 posts
    July 30, 2005 10:06 PM BST
    Girls i just have to share this with you all.Last night i emailed the beaumont society www.beaumontsociety.org.uk to see if i could get any info. I had a reply from the president of the b.s.,leavin a contact number so i can get in touch and talk things through!...how good is that eh?. i know it's just a small step, but WHAT a step!!. Love and xxxxxxxxx anna-marie
    • 2463 posts
    July 31, 2005 2:45 PM BST
    So, do you plan on hiring a U.S. girl to help?
    • 2068 posts
    July 31, 2005 9:48 PM BST
    I most certainly DO mere honey.....the job's yours!! love and xxxx anna-marie
    • 2463 posts
    July 31, 2005 10:07 PM BST
    I'm here to help in any way you need it. By the way, will the grant involve any allowances for new panythose?
    • 2068 posts
    August 1, 2005 1:36 PM BST
    i sure hope so, mere honey! love and xxxxxx anna-marie
    • 338 posts
    August 1, 2005 7:42 PM BST
    wibble!

biiiiig wibble!

what cha got as a name for ya groupies??
    • 86 posts
    August 2, 2005 7:30 PM BST
    I know it's a little bit late, Anna-Marie, but GOOD LUCK in your new enterprise.

I only wish that I could see your name in the Honour's list, because like so many others, you are an unsung Angel who quietly works in the background HELPING people.

You are very special.

Love, Elly. X.