New Makeup Thread

• 1980 posts
    September 5, 2005 6:13 PM BST
    Hi Girls-

This is something Sarah and I were talking about on the Make-up Tips Forum, it started out as a thread about eye makeup.

I belong to a Yahoo group called MAC_Cosmetics which is a group for fans of MAC makeup. (Just as an aside, it's mostly g-girls, but there are a couple of us t-girls there also and they have been very, very nice and accepting of us.) One of the things they do is what they call the FOTD which stands for Face of the Day. Girls just post pix of themselves with different looks. It's really sort of inspiring since some of the looks are way out there and out of the ordinary. It's not a competition or anything like that just girls having fun with makeup and trying different things. Some of the looks are wild and outrageous and some are ones you could wear out anywhere like work or school.

So I thought it might be fun to do something like that here on TW on the Makeup Forum. Yes, it would involve close-ups, something a lot of us aren't real comfortable with, yours truly very much included also. But it's just us girls and we're all friends and here to help each other, right? Right? Right! And of course everyone on TW who uses makeup is welcome, t-girl or g-girl.

The only rule would be that it be of you and you have to say how it was done, what was used, naming names of the product and what specific color and so on, so if someone wanted to duplicate it they could.

So here's the official launch of the TW Face to Face Makeup Thread. I really hope we have some participation, it is all for fun and to help each other with ideas and tips and tricks and is most emphatically not a competition in any way. I personally will not be able to post anything for a couple of days but I will definitely do it as soon as I can. If anyone else wants to be first out on the dance floor...well, the band is playing, please feel free.<g>

And if anyone else has any ideas for making this work, Sarah and I would appreciate it or if you have a catchier name for it that would be good, too.

Hugs...Joni
    • 1980 posts
    September 6, 2005 5:25 AM BST
    Hi Tiina-

I appreciate your thoughts on this very much, as always you have good ideas. I had kind of wondered about how we would display the pix myself and am kind of torn. I would like them to be accessible by the members, any of them, whether they are paying members or not, since it is to help each other out with ideas and not a contest or competition. But I also understand the reluctance to have our faces, even or maybe especially our girl faces, plastered all over where any casual stranger who signs up can see them. What to do, what to do?

So I thought about having them in a special section in the Foto Galleries, maybe we could have Katie make us a special folder just for Face to Face that's accessible only to paying members. Come to think of it, aren't the foto albums for members only?

So good, idea, hon. I want people to be able to join in without any worries and I'm sure Sarah feels just the same.

If anyone else has any ideas or concerns, please sing out.

Hugs...Joni