I Have Cancer

• September 15, 2005 10:53 PM BST
    Dearest Karen
    My thoughts and very best wishes are with you. I hope you can be positive as it will help with your whole well being.
    If this type of cancer is dectected early ( and that appears to have been the case with you thank goodness)I believe there is a very high chance that it can be cured.

Im sure I can speak for others when I say "dont forget that we are all here for you". And look forward to your post saying "treatment successful"

Love Dorothy xxxx
    • 2627 posts
    September 14, 2005 9:29 PM BST
    I found a lump on my testicle. So I went & had it checked.
    It came back positive. I have cancer. They said it's at a very early stage & I go in Sunday night for prep to have it removed Monday morning. Then I have to go thru a whole lot of test to see if it might have spread. They say it's very unlikely & they allmost guarantee a complete recovery.
    God am I scared!!
    I'm going to stay with my sister for now I don't want to be alone. She has a computer so I will peek in when I can & I can get my e-mail.
    I'm not going to be posting anymore bad news if I don't have anything good to say I won't burden all of you with it.
    I can't stop crying please wish me luck.

The icon is Phobe Gates I still have a crush on her.
    • 1980 posts
    September 14, 2005 9:52 PM BST
    Oh gawd, Karen, I am so sorry.<big big hug> I hope everything turns out okay, all my best wishes are with you and I know all the girls here on TW feel just the same. Please let us know how you're doing, we'll all be worred about you. And you aren't alone, girl, we're all here for you.

Lots of hugs...Joni
    • 121 posts
    September 14, 2005 11:06 PM BST
    Hi Karen-I'm really sorry to hear your news,I can only imagine how you must be feeling.I'm glad to hear that you're staying at your sisters so that you're not on your own.I'll be thinking and praying for you as will the girls here.Tty and think positive if you can,lots of love Alli,xxxx
    • 1652 posts
    September 14, 2005 11:29 PM BST
    Try not to be scared Karen, though no-one will blame you for that. I'm sure the doctors are right, it's at an early stage so you will be fine. Good luck, and our thoughts are with you.
    xx
    • 773 posts
    September 15, 2005 12:09 AM BST
    Karen, you will be in my thoughts. I know you'll be OK. Please try not to be afraid. remember that these procedures are pretty routine these days, so trust the medical professionals and be brave. I know that I am not the only sister who will be pulling for you.
  • September 15, 2005 7:01 AM BST
    Sorry to hear your scary news Karen. I cannot imagine how you must feel. At least it has been caught early. I wish you all the best and my thoughts are with you. Big Hug, Katherine
    • 588 posts
    September 15, 2005 8:24 AM BST
    Sorry to hear what you're going through, Karen. Coming this close.. must be scaring even if the the doctors surely are right.
    I'll be thinking about you.

Linda
    xxx
    • 2068 posts
    September 15, 2005 10:58 AM BST
    oh my god, karen you must be gutted to hear that. Don't be scared honey cos you have the support of everyone at TW. I suppose having caught this so early is a good thing, but it's still scary to find you have it.You''ll beat this,hun i have faith in you that you will.

You Take care honey....d'ya hear!

Love..and a SPECIAL hug, Anna-Marie
  • September 15, 2005 11:21 AM BST
    Karen,

Stay calm and relaxed, keep positive and remember that having caught it in the early stages you have an excellent chance of completely beating it.

If Lance can do it with stage 4 testicular cancer and then win 7 Tour de France on the trot anyone can. It just takes a determination to win and a belief that everything will be alright. The human body has an immense power to rebuild and repair if it is allowed to.

Don't take everything the doc's tell you as gospel, research and equip yourself with as much knowledge about this disease as you can, I suggest a visit to the LiveStrong website as a good place to start.

If you need a shoulder to cry on, or thump, then feel free to ping me.

lots of love

Alex
    xxxx
    • 2127 posts
    September 15, 2005 12:03 PM BST
    I'm so sorry to hear your bad news Karen. However, Testicular Cancer is one the most curable types of cancer and the fact that you have caught it early makes it even more so.

I hope it'll all be okay. Please do keep us informed.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2627 posts
    September 15, 2005 2:38 PM BST
    Thank you all!! I'm packed & will go to my sisters from work tonight.
    So many responces I'm overwhelmed. I haven't evan told my family except for the one sister. I didn't want to post it here realy but I couldn't keep it in sitting here alone.
    But again Thank You!!

P.S. Gloria I might just look into that.
  • September 16, 2005 12:29 AM BST
    Hi Karen,
    Really sorry to hear about your news. Hopefully it was found early enought that it hasn't spread! I be thinking of you.

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
    • 338 posts
    September 16, 2005 12:07 PM BST
    my thoughts and hopes are with you.

x
  • September 16, 2005 4:25 PM BST
    Take care Karen

Can't add much to what the others have said ... hope it works out.

Cerys xxx
    • 364 posts
    September 16, 2005 10:50 PM BST
    Karen

My thoughts are with you. Yesterday following an MRI my wife was diagnosed with cancer in the brain. We cried in each others arms all night and are still crying.

Hugs
    Joanne
    • 1980 posts
    September 16, 2005 11:33 PM BST
    Oh, Joanne, that is so awful, I hope that it's treatable. My heartfelt best wishes to you and your wife.

Hugs...Joni
    • 374 posts
    September 18, 2005 11:05 AM BST
    Karen, sorry to hear about your illness. It sounds like they did catch it early and it is treatable. Hope all goes well hon.
    Joanne, sorry to hear about your wife. I hope all goes well for her too. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Hugs,

Monika
    • 1195 posts
    September 19, 2005 8:58 PM BST
    Karen - I hope things went well for you today. I tested positive two years ago - it is scary but you'll make it. Just take it easy and follow the doctor's orders. It takes time to get back up to "snuff."

Joanne - our prayers are with you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMary Grace
  • September 20, 2005 10:43 AM BST
    Joanne
    My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your wife also.

Dorothy xxx
    • 2627 posts
    September 20, 2005 12:05 PM BST
    Yes I'm home. All is well so far. But now we have Joanne to think about. As nice as everyone was to me lets please be as caring for her.

I realy hope everything works out for you. GOOD LUCK!!
    • 614 posts
    September 20, 2005 12:17 PM BST
    karen hun its nice to seee ya , hope things go ok , you no were i am on yahoo and by email if you eevr want any1 to talk to , and get well soon
    • 374 posts
    September 24, 2005 10:26 AM BST
    Hi Karen, glad things have gone well for you so far...and yes we will be thinking of and praying for Joanne and her SO.

Hugs,

Monika