A show on cable

• 2463 posts
    October 3, 2005 4:20 PM BST
    Yesterday I saw a show on Discovery Health Channel called "Sex Change." They profiled both an MTF and an FTM, and did so in a very good way. In this show, however, they identified TGs as solely those who are TS. A matter of interpretation.

Did anyone see this? I thought it was very well done, and the MTF looked positively fantastic, as did the FTM.

The one thing this did do was make me really re-examine who I am. While I doubt transitioning will ever be in my plans, it sure made me think once more about myself and how much I miss being able to be who I am. The show did cover how the families took to the news, and the risks involved. Still, well, what I guess I'm trying to say is that no matter what happens in my personal life, I'm really starting to become resentful over the hard time they've been giving me lately.

I'm trying to find a new therapist, one who is covered under my insurance. I'm going to start exploring this more. The MTF did not transition until she was 50. I was so happy for her.

So, here we go again. I'm not even supposed to be here on TW now. Katie - what a wonderful girl - would not cancel my membership completely. I should not have to abandon my family here like this.

What started out as a posting on a show once again turns into a discussion about myself. I can't be concise, can I?

Mere
    Living in a dirty basement
    • 2627 posts
    October 3, 2005 9:55 PM BST
    Hi Mere
    I,ve seen a number of these shows on cable. They stick to the facts & pretty much show us as people not carnival freaks. They show the hardships some of our TS members have to go through.
    I also saw one about teen TS's. It made them out to all be hookers. Something we know not to be true.
  • October 11, 2005 12:14 AM BST
    Hi Mere I have see several like thiss and love them I watch every new one that comes along that I can