Night Out in Torquay, 26th November

• 530 posts
    October 14, 2005 12:53 AM BST
    There's a small hotel in Torquay that is suitable for a gathering of girls in the Southwest.
    Katie is interested in a meet down this way, so if there is enough initial interest, I'l look into it further. If there are enough, we could do a takeover, say from Friday pm to Sunday. Let me know what you think, and if you just want a meal out, or a weekend, or whatever, at

[email protected]

Sue.

P.S.
    I've been to see the landlady, and is quite ameable to hosting a gathering. the dining room seats up to 16, Meal is £15 per head for 3 courses, but has no licence, so bring your own wine.

You can view the hotel here:-

http://www.westbrookhotel.net

Please use me as mediator for the night out, but it is a hotel, so if you just want to book for yourself sometime, do so.

Sue.

P.P.S.
    It's on. A meal at the hotel, then on to a club if you like.
    Date is 26th November. Sixteen places total, Katie, Alice and I have three, so up to 13 more...
    We will have on the agenda maybe a bigger gathering for sometime early next year, but this will be a more intimate setting.
    Let me know if you're interested, I believe Katie plans to promote it via t-web.

Sue.
    • 1980 posts
    October 14, 2005 2:06 AM BST
    Sue, please tell me the hotel is owned by Basil Fawlty, that would be so cool.<lol>

Hugs...Joni
    • 530 posts
    October 14, 2005 2:39 AM BST
    Wouldn't it though?

Another thought for you; 6'+ of John Cleese in a dress and heels...
    Bet Manuel would have scrubbed up nice, too. And the general probably wears knickers anyway

Sue.
    • 1980 posts
    October 15, 2005 1:51 PM BST
    Hi Sue-

Well, I always thought the Monte Python boys were just too happy to get into drag for their skits, but yes, Cleese in heels would be a bit too much. Strictly flats for that girl. As far as Manuel, shave off the moustache and throw on some slap et voila, Manuelita! Probably cute as hell.<lol> Actually I always thought Connie Booth (Polly) was just a doll. I loved Fawlty Towers, too bad you can only see it on BBC specials or buy the DVD's.

Hope your get together in Torquay turns out to be a lot fun. Good luck.

Hugs...Joni
  • October 21, 2005 10:04 PM BST
    Hi Sue
    Yes please two of us would love to attend and possibly a third. Please let us know if you need a deposit or anything to secure the booking.
    XX Charlotte