On being transsexual

• 2463 posts
    November 1, 2005 9:13 PM GMT
    Since I am not a full member at the moment (soon to be corrected), I can't place this under the TS forum. So I'll post it here.

You may have noticed by now that I have taken on the TS designation. I've always thought about it, and have told a few people.

When I had my therapist session yesterday she addressed this issue as it relates to my current situation. Do I intend to have SRS? What will I do about my transgenderism should I in fact get back with my wife? Is it fair to them, and, more importantly, is it fair to me?

In short, what do I do?

Right now I'm still playing that waiting game. I may never fully transition, remaining a secondary TS, but is it fair to live a lie? I have no intentions of letting this current situation with my wife drag out much longer. Something has to happen. Regardless, when I start working full time and finally move out of this dump I'm in, whether back to my home or a place of my own, I do not intend to stop dressing at all. I will have to continue to do so privately. But even that can't last forever.

Again, only time will tell what happens from here. My wife only knows I'm CD, and it will stay that way for now.

I have some big decisions to make, and soon.
    • 2463 posts
    November 2, 2005 2:40 AM GMT
    I guess I'll find out my legal rights soon as well.
  • November 2, 2005 5:21 AM GMT
    About epilation: you never start too early with it, especially if you have lot of colourless or blond hair on your face. Average male has 10000 pieces of hair on his face and with the speed of 50 pieces / hour and one session / week it will take 4 years to get rid of that all if done ONLY by needle.
    Now with a new system my cosmetologist manages even 300 pieces of hair in an hour, that is a real breakthrough.
    I started my epilation sessions in January 2003 and I still have some 6 - 10 hours left. But then it is done. But as my shrink asked: "Does it not embarrash you to have your beard removed as a legal woman?". In my case no, because my cosmetologist is an old friend of mine and I guess we stay friends for this lifetime.

Laura
    • 112 posts
    November 2, 2005 9:33 AM GMT
    Hia Laura
    What system is it?
    And is it likely to be found in uk yet........?
    I need to find a quicker way...........
    love and light
    itchy tonight
  • November 2, 2005 10:20 AM GMT
    I will check the type of the set on my next visit next week. It is a blend type of hair removal system, both electricity and heat, but in this they come in two clear shocks right in the beginning when the needle is set and the hair can be pulled out after 6 to 10 seconds. With the old equipment you had to keep the needle in for at least 30 seconds. But since this is still experimenting, me being the test animal, I cannot tell yet for sure if the removed hair will regrow or stay away. So far it seems that majority of the hair will also stay away. It is quite interesting to test this system with the girls...and for me the removal is cost free.
    Sandra, I know many ladies who would NEED facial epilation, my boss among them .

Laura
    • 588 posts
    November 2, 2005 1:19 PM GMT
    Fairness, Mere... Nature can seem to mess up our notions sometimes. The way you have been struggling certainly makes it seem more than fair enough that you should express who you truly are. Isn't the consequences of any other solution already proven beyond doubt ?

Linda
    xxx
    • 2463 posts
    November 2, 2005 1:47 PM GMT
    First of all, thank you all for responding to this thread. I was hoping for this.

Last night I got another one of my little lectures about totally suppressing being transgendered. I said, "Sure, grab that magic wand there." With all the little personality faults and flaws I have, being TG is the one part of my life that I like. I've said this before. If I had that magic wand to get rid of any one personality flaw, it would be my insecurities first. I would never want to lose Meredith.

Linda, you are right. I should be free to express myself, and something gives me the impression I'll be doing it sooner than later. As for the consequences, I'm paying for so many now.

Like I said, I'm playing a waiting game at the moment. Not about being transsexual, though. That I know. If there was anytime I wish I could see into the future, it would be now, and that is in regards to my wife. I have to start moving forward.
    • 1980 posts
    November 2, 2005 7:04 PM GMT
    Hi Meredith, <big hug>

For what my opinion is worth, I think you are choosing the right path, even though it will be a difficult one and one perhaps that really has no end to it since it's a journey we live rather than a journey we make that has some sort of an end to it where you can say, "Here I am at last, I've finally arrived." Like taking a train from Los Angeles to Seattle or something. There may even be, in fact there will almost certainly be, regrets and sorrows along the way, too. My personal feeling is that before you can love and be true to anyone else you have to love and be true to yourself also.

Of course, this doesn't mean you can't make sacrifices and put someone else's needs above your own but when it comes to something as fundamental to us as who we are and who we perceive ourselves to be I don't think it can be done, not on any permanent or long term basis. Sure, you can white knuckle things out, there's always the choice as to whether to act on our feelings and desires or not, but stuffing it forever isn't something I personally would want to do or even contemplate. And in all actuality, I pretty sure I couldn't do it. Once you have opened the door, I don't think you can turn around and go back in.

Like you, I used to have the feeling that if there were only some magical pill I could take to make these feelings go away, I would, but no longer. Like you if I had a choice I think I would have to say no thank you and continue being who I am taking the difficult and unhappy parts with the good. I could no more give up my feminine side willingly than I would willingly chop of my arm or lose my sight.

Meredith, dear, I wish you the very best of luck, no matter what you choose to do. Your love for your wife and your children always shines through in your posts. If you choose to try to suppress your TS feelings to make them happy, I can only say that I completely understand and if that's what you should choose I wish you and your family the very best.

If you choose to continue on the path that leads to discovering more about who Meredith really is, then I wish you the best with that, too. You know you will always have friends here on TW who care about you and who will support you no matter what.

Hugs and best wishes...Joni
  • November 2, 2005 7:25 PM GMT
    HI Mere,
    Just a short note..... GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
    Whatevet you decide , it is your decision
    and YOUR life to live. Choose wisely on how
    to deal with your family (especially your daughter).

Hugz,
    MIchelle Lynn

• 2463 posts
    November 3, 2005 9:00 PM GMT
    Again, I thank you all........really. I don't know what I would do without you.

The other night me and my "friend" had another little tiff about the TG issue. I guess I'm supposed to totally suppress it and pretend it doesn't exist. He then started bad-mouthing you girls. At one point he called you "jagoffs," but apologized once I voiced my resentment.

He also made a comment about slapping you "sissies." I told him I'd like to see him try that with JJ. JJ, as you all know, served in the military. He refuse to believe she served at all. I said I didn't give a sh*t.

My mother, who is cool about my being TG, also made a comment about severing ties if I think I'm ever going to work things out with my wife. But she never said I couldn't communicate, whereas the friend said I should delete all your e-mails. F' that.

I know all too damn well I have a serious situation here. But since I am technically on my own at the moment, it is my situation to resolve.

Of course, they have no way of knowing I treated myself to some cute little items yesterday, one of which I wore to my interview today. Oh dear!
    • 374 posts
    November 4, 2005 9:20 AM GMT
    Meredith hon, hang in there. We're here for you. As for your so called "friend", I think he's probably very insecure speaking like that about people who just happen to be different. Who knows.....maybe he's TG himself and just doesn't want to face up to it. As for your family hon, I agree with what Michelle said, be careful with how you deal with them, especially your precious little daughter. I'm hoping all the best for you. Take care and keep your chin up

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
    • 2463 posts
    November 4, 2005 2:06 PM GMT
    I told my friend up front that HE'S the one with the panty fetish. He always talks about why people wear them just to jerk off. I told him that says more about him than about anyone TG.

Right now there's some interesting dialog with my wife, so any talk about my being TG stays in the background.

Thanks again, all!

Mere
    • 2463 posts
    November 5, 2005 2:13 PM GMT
    I'm definitely going to have to make some decisions soon.

In what started as a short dialog about my daughter turned into a little e-mail exchange between me and my wife. While she was hardly "Please come home" or even "how are you," I appreciated the messages.

But what do I do about Meredith? I bought a few cute items the other day, some of which I wore to my new menial job yesterday. I'm finding myself walking "like a woman" (whatever the hell that is) more, and holding a ciggie like the GGs I know do.

I'm not doing anything about Meredith. She's here to stay. What has to be determined now is how prominent. And I think I know how it's going to turn out.
    • 2463 posts
    November 6, 2005 2:50 AM GMT
    The one thing her therapist got her to recognize is something I told her, and that being TG will always be a part of me. She's accepted that, but anything beyond is still up in the air.

I welcome your opinions. They all help.
    • 2463 posts
    November 6, 2005 3:24 PM GMT
    Once again, Sandra, you are right. But, not to sound like a bad song lyric, I'm taking each day at a time. I have no idea still what will happen. More than once I did think of being the one to end it all with her and let her get on with her life. These are all issues I'm exploring with my shrink.

Right now I'm still playing with waiting game. While I'm doing that I'm really coming to terms with who I am, and where it should go from here.
    • 2573 posts
    November 11, 2005 7:45 AM GMT
    Meridith, of all the things I have ever heard you say about yourself, this is the one that makes me have the most hope that you will persevere through your struggles: " I would never want to lose Meredith." That was also my moment that I knew Wendy was here to stay....stay out, that is, because she has always been there. If they don't want you with that part then they don't want YOU....they want someone else who doesn't exist. I hope those around you can learn to understand the reality and not keep demanding the myth they have in their heads. We can't all change our lives so that they can feel more comfortable with their "reality". I cant play the part they've asked me to play all my life...not anymore.

Joni,
    Don''t think I don't know what the "...train from Los Angeles to Seattle." is about. I'll get up there, I promise, lol.
    • 121 posts
    November 11, 2005 9:40 AM GMT
    Meredith-Wendy is absolutely 100% right and couldn't agree more with her.Take care,lots of love Alli,xxx
    • 1980 posts
    November 11, 2005 1:48 PM GMT
    Wendy, sis, that's not what I meant at all, hon. It was a Freudian slip, that satin kind of peach colored one. I just wasn't sure if I knew how to spell Hoboken and Schenectady.

Hugs...Joni