First time being seen

• 2463 posts
    December 19, 2005 4:17 PM GMT
    I have finally done it. I have been seen dressed as a woman.

I had my therapist session this morning. I mentioned a few weeks back that I considered going there dressed. She wanted to know why I didn't.

Today I did.

I walked over to the building in the bitter cold (it was about 5 degrees Fahrenheit this morning). When I got there I went to the bathroom where I changed into my skirt and put in my fake boobs. I then walked all the way down the hall and into the waiting room, where a janitor was emptying trash. Needless to say he was a bit surprised. Apparently he went and told my shrink I was there.

She came to get me and I went into her office. After she got me some tea I told her how I finally decided to go dressed to the session. Now, granted, I didn't have on a wig or makeup but she said I looked great. She loved my skirt, and complimented me on my legs. She agreed I have the legs for a miniskirt. I did have to quickly adjust my boobs at one point.

We did discuss HRT and the costs involved. She asked me what I intend to do should I get that job. I told her I would wait a little first and get established before jumping into it. She thought that was a good idea.

She also berated me a little for wearing nylons instead of tights on such a cold day. I told her how I wore jeans walking over there.

She could tell how liberating it was. It was liberating. And I wasn't nervous, or, at least not that much. I wasn't too concerned with others seeing me as I intend to start venturing out anyway.

So I finally took that first big important step. And it feels great.
    • 588 posts
    December 19, 2005 4:55 PM GMT

My Gratulations, Meredith !
    I think I know the feeling.
    Liberating, that's the word.

Linda
    Sabina
    • 1980 posts
    December 19, 2005 5:31 PM GMT
    BIG BIG HUG, Meredith. I'm so happy for you, the first steps are the hardest Good for you.

Hugs...Joni
    • 2463 posts
    December 19, 2005 5:58 PM GMT
    Thanks, girls.

When I got back here I changed back into my skirt. It's a cute little form fitting item. When I told her I bought it for a mere $3 at a resale shop she couldn't believe it.

If the weather was a little warmer I would have walked all the way back like that. I can't wait to go back out en femme again.

What I really liked about being dressed in front of her was that we could talk about girly things.

I don't want to go back to drab!
    • 2627 posts
    December 19, 2005 6:22 PM GMT
    Well done Mere!!
    Who does want to go back to drab. After a couple of days here as Karen. Putting on mens clothes is allmost painfull.
    It's at least a very big let down.

Again congratulations.
  • December 19, 2005 6:37 PM GMT
    Hi Mere,
    Congratz!!! and Hugz! Isn't it great to be able to be who you are inside!

I hope this new year brings you a wonderful job, as well as great living and supportive environments where you can be truly happy.

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
  • December 22, 2005 2:05 AM GMT
    Hi Mere!!!! I am soooo happy for you. You are so brave and an inspiration, as all the ladies here are, for me to follow my heart and to be true to myself. I saw my therapist today and she suggested that anytime I feel to do so that I can come to therapy as Rachel. Even though I have gone out at night as myself, I am not quite ready to do this during daylight hours. You are one of my heroines and I thank you for all that you share.
    LuvHugKis...Rachel