"New Girl" and thrilled to be here

• 3 posts
    May 7, 2004 5:12 PM BST
    Hi girls! My name is Carajean - you can call me Cara - and I just joined 2 days ago. For several years, I have been dressing in the closet, both as a child and as a married man, but suddenly, about a month ago, I had the urge to make a major move from the closet to the mall. It hit me fast and hard and it has certainly changed my life. up to this moment, there are only two people who knew my secret - my son, who is more supportive than I ever imagined, and my wife, who seemed supportive at first but is rapidly undergoing a serious attitude change, much to my dismay as she is the most important person in my life. She has known for three weeks and he has known for only one. I am just dying to tell my story to you because I know that you will understand the feeling of ecstacy that I experience each time I take another step out the door and into the public eye as a woman. When I was five years old, I had occasion - for reasons that I won't go into - to have my 5 year old boy's clothes removed and to be dressed in my 5 year old cousin's dress. I was embarrassed because there were several people who witnessed the event, but - even at five - there was something about it that I liked and I still remember that feeling now. As I grew older, I would sometimes wear my sister's shoes or her stockings when noone was around. Then I got married. My first wife was very thin but her feet were the same size as mine and she had one stretchy knit outfit. Whenever I had the opportunity, I would try them on - when she was out. One day she left me which was bad but, even worse than that, she took her clothes with her. A couple of years later, I remarried, to my current wife - who hopefully will remain that way. For the past 20 years,
    I have continued to dress and always have felt special when dressed, but guilty and ashamed afterward. One day, about a month to a month and a half ago, I was hit with a sudden impulse to buy a pair of high heeled shoes of my own - size 9 with a three and a quarter inch heel. They fit me like a glove and they were mine - just mine. I was shaking with anticipation at the thought of wearing them. I can't even describe the thrill of stepping into them for the first time. Within two days of buying my first girly shoes, I bought panty hose, knee highs, thigh highs, size 6 lace panties, two size 36C bras, womens size 10 low rise jeans, two soft frilly tops', and had placed an order for a medium length blond wig and size C breast forms. Try to describe that feeling to someone who's not into our lifestyle. I was working at that time on a renovation job at an unoccupied house in Pennsylvania about thirty miles from my home. I would go to my job, bring in all my tools, lock the doors, change into my new self and just be a woman for 8 hours a day. Then, one day I stopped at my secret P.O. Box on my way to work and there, a week after ordering, were my breast forms and wig - and I thought the shoes were a big deal. Now it really hit me like a ton of bricks. At lunch time, I was out buying foundation, mascara, eye shadow, eye liner, lipstick, nail polish, costume jewelry and everything else I needed to make myself up to be as feminine as possible. I spent a good part of the afternoon getting myself ready - I did have a very large mirror at the job site - and at five o'clock I was fully dressed, nails polished, hair styled to my liking (or to the best of my ability), not half bad makeup, strappy high heeled sandals and a sassy attitude. I was all dressed up with noplace to go. I walked out of the house as a girl, got into my truck as a girl, and drove to the closest mall like a girl. I sat there for a few minutes trying to gather enough courage, and then I stepped out of the truck. I carefully walked across the parking lot feeling as feminine as can be and then entered the mall, feeling like a lady. I only walked and window shopped that night but the next night I couldn't resist trying on some new outfits in the womens dressing rooms. Since then I have upgraded to skirts, non slutty tops, and one very sexy dress. Only you who are reading this know the feeling of exhiliration that I experienced with each step that I took and the sense of pride I feel now telling you girls my story. I want to talk to more trannys like myself and I want others to get to know me as "Cara". Please reply as I would love to hear some of your stories too. By the way, my feelings of guilt and shame have vanished. Hugs to all, Cara
  • May 7, 2004 5:45 PM BST
    I have only one word for what you did ......................................................................................WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you joined us =)
    • 456 posts
    May 7, 2004 5:22 PM BST
    Welcome Cara. I too found thast this site was excellent for talking and getting the fears and worries aired. Join in and you will find kindred souls among us.
    • 456 posts
    May 7, 2004 5:22 PM BST
    Welcome Cara. I too found thast this site was excellent for talking and getting the fears and worries aired. Join in and you will find kindred souls among us.