Time to sit down and talk to my wife.

• 2017 posts
    April 26, 2006 11:05 AM BST
    My wife knows I crossdress and accepts it with some reservations, mostly because she doesn't really know the facts and has been bombarded by the stereotypes projected by both the media and the public.

I'm not happy limiting my dressing to only in the home now, and particularly since chatting with many of you online.

I know this may be difficult for her but I do believe that once she realises my dressing will be limited to specific clubs and meetings, she'll be ok. I hope so anyway, she's pretty open minded and doesn't have a problem with TG/TV/CD, just never expected her own husband to be one. Bit of a shock to say the least.

Wish me luck!

It's time to be myself.
  • April 26, 2006 11:45 AM BST
    Nikki,

Well the fact that she accepts as much as she doies already is a good thing, hopefully the rest won't be t hard for her. Yuo may want t invite her along when you go out as well so she doesn't feel left out or isolated. Even if she desn't go atleast you welcome her in that part of your life.
    I hope all goes well for you! Good luck!

*hugs*

~Valerie x x
    • 2463 posts
    April 26, 2006 3:48 PM BST
    While talking to your wife is imperative, and inevitable, also let her approach the issue when she's most comfortable with talking about it. If she doesn't want to talk at that particular time, then drop it and bring it up later.
    • 2017 posts
    April 27, 2006 9:38 PM BST
    Don't worry Mere, I will pick my moment carefully, but I'm hoping it will be within the next week or so.
    • 13 posts
    May 8, 2006 8:18 AM BST
    Sounds like you have a good relationship if she's open minded about it already. I'll wait and see how it goes for you, if your good, I'll let you come and tell my wife for me lol Read your profile, I play lead guitar too
    • 2463 posts
    May 8, 2006 3:35 PM BST
    The funny thing now, Nikki, is that I might have to go through this again soon. I met someone Saturday night and she wants to go out with me. If this relationship goes anywhere I'm going to have to be up front right away.
    • 2017 posts
    May 15, 2006 11:25 AM BST
    Well, the story so far is...............it has gone about as well as I expected. She is ok about it, doesn't mind the cross dressing at all but is more concerned about the need to be feminine. I have explained my reasons to her and she is ok about it.

At the moment, she is happy for me to do my thing and she doesn't want to know about it, but is happy that I'm not hiding anything from her. Maybe curiosity will get the better of her one day and she'll want to know more. For me, it's just important to know that she accepts me, (even without completly understanding), and that our relationship is safe.

I tend to think it might go along the lines of your story Sophia, she's had gay friends, been to drag nights etc so my behaviour isn't exactly shocking to her. Oddly enough, she loves films that have a cross dressing element in them...???

Thanks for your support everyone.

• 515 posts
    May 22, 2006 9:54 AM BST
    Good luck hun and be safe. I have my fingers crossed for you

Hugs
    Sara
    • 71 posts
    July 28, 2006 1:38 AM BST
    Something you should all learn to realise & bear in mind is,that, as a GG SO, it isn't just the acceptance of your partner as their true self, but it also brings into play a near maternal instinct.

The world is cruel & whilst private acceptance behind closed doors is liberating, & the future prospect of going out together, en femme, is initially exciting, as it gets closer, we SOs have had time to really consider how the world will accept our loved ones (or not). That's when it becomes scary for us & we appear less enthusiastic & try to discourage you!

We are also isolated- women are in the habit of discussing problems with their closest friends in order to find a solution. Unfortunately, in these circumstances, not only is it difficult to get sympathy/understanding from friends (lifelong friends suddenly back off & regard you as weird), but even those who understand & condone your situation can't help you because there is no point of reference that they can relate to.

Please, ask your SOs to sign up so that they can find kindred spirits. & yes, if you were wondering, we do e-mail each other away from TW because sometimes there are things which we can't discuss publicly for fear of offence- they are invariably common themes & neuroses which all GG SOs go through.

We all love our partners, but it is at times hard for us.

Urge them to either join TW or, if they feel uncomfortable about that, e-mail me direct at [email protected]
    There is also a Yahoo group, exclusively for GG SOs, where a lot of issues & paranoias are aired away from our girls.

Hugs & kisses to you all

Gillian. XXX