Helpdeeeesk?

• July 15, 2006 4:23 PM BST
    Until a few weeks(?) ago everything on this site worked perfectly OK for me but recently I have noticed a few problems...
    I wonder if there has been a lot of updates lately, like moving over to more flash.

The new chat room doesn't work with Opera version 9. It works with Firefox even though it's the same flash player.

I can't click anything in the top field (the one below the menus that has "Girls online now" and "where are they" links). They are not clickable to me an neither are the adds. Doesn't work with Opera and not with Firefox either.

I can't access the "subject" field when posting in the forums, the only way for me to enter a subject is by clicking "preview" and then edit it on that screen instead.
    Doesn't work with Opera and not with Firefox either.

The new menus seems to work now though.

I like changes but this time things that used to work just doesn't anymore.
    • 2127 posts
    July 16, 2006 12:57 AM BST
    Hi Hanna,

The site has always been designed for use with Internet Explorer. Love it or hate it, IE still accounts for more than 90% of all browser usage so we have to go with the majority.

As far as I know, the two main changes we have made recently (ie the new chat rooms and menus) all work perfectly with Internet Explorer now. We did have a few teething problems but these have all now been fixed.

Having said that, we are trying to make the site work with as many other browsers as we can but you must understand that it would be impossible to have it work well with everything.

We know about the problem with accessing the new chat rooms using Opera. I'm hoping that the programmers will be able to fix that soon.

All of the other problems you have mentioned are caused by our new menus with use Flash.

Unfortunately Firefox and Opera only have limited support for the Flash transparency feature, which is used by the menus. This is not a bug but a limitation in those browsers.

If you access the same page using Internet Explorer, you'll see that it all works perfectly.

Because the problem lies within the browsers, there is no fix that we can perform to make it work, so instead, over the next few days, we will be redesigning the parts of the site that are affected by this, so that text boxes are no longer situated anywhere near the menus.

To have everything working properly in an instant though, just use Internet Explorer.

Hope that helps.

Hugs,

Katie x
  • July 16, 2006 12:39 PM BST
    Hi Katie and thank you for your reply.
    I do not expect the site to be designed just for my needs of course but the problem is that I don't have Internet Explorer on my computer so I can't "just use it".

Thank you for looking into the problems though!

• 2127 posts
    July 16, 2006 5:14 PM BST
    Hi Hanna,

Redesigning the headers for our pages is at the top of our work agenda for the coming week. It is a big project though and will take some time.

We can try to design the headers so that Flash Transparency will not be a problem. As the problem prevents some non-IE users from clicking on links and typing in text boxes, the easiest fix would be to make sure that there are no links or text boxes near the menus.

The Flash object extends as far as the last item in the longest drop-down list, which is currently the last of the TrannyGames. We'll change that too to make it shorter.

For some time we have had plans in place to replace our static stats with live statistics that change as people arrive and leave the site.

This may be the time implement it but it will take some time so please be patient and bear with us.

If it's any help, the latest version of Internet Explorer (v7) is available free here:

http://www.microsoft.com/[...]lt.mspx

Hugs,

Katie x