I Don' Know if Anyone's Noticed...

• 1980 posts
    August 11, 2006 7:45 PM BST
    but Meredith is now one of co-moderators on this forum, which I think is totally awesome. I know that with her wiit and intelligence she will keep the forum lively and moving along.

And speaking of forum matters, has anyone heard from Sandra lately? I hope she's okay. If you see this Sandra, please drop us a line and let us know how you are, okay? If I missed a post about her or what's going on, I apologize.

Hugs...Joni
    • 588 posts
    August 11, 2006 8:04 PM BST
    Well, Meredith and I had this short correspondence April 9th. I have been thinking about Sandra almost every day since then. For whatever it's worth...

To: Meredith Newton
    Subject: Sandra
    Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 18:11:35 +0200

Hi Meredith....

I saw your question about Sandra. And I just want to say I tried to send
    her two messages 19 days ago - through TW, and directly to her gmail
    adress. I received the same two error messages. It seemed quite clear to me
    that she had blocked her adress. My impression is that she withdrew when
    the conflict with Rebekah Stewart was escalating. I had two reasons for
    sending Sandra a message: Letting her know I was thinking about her, and to
    say I considered pulling out of TW too.

When I returned with some rather peaceful posts - after that thing with my
    photos - I also deliberately mentioned Sandra in a new reply to HTG on the
    "bitterness" thread - as that was where Sandra made her last post before
    the conflict on the "admirer" thread. The next day Sandra posted a short,
    but supportive answer on some quite neutral subject. But then there were
    this new escalation on the "Mariette..." thread. And I guess you know the
    rest. I was sorry to see, of course, Sandra withdrawing again - most
    probably because of the new escalation ?

I have more or less stopped posting too. My last post was on monday -
    answering Laura. Sunday 31st I posted a Good Morning thread with some
    lonely seagulls flying in the snow... I thought: Well, it's cold outside,
    but we can fly.

Most days the last 2 weeks I have been looking at Sandra's profile,
    thinking that perhaps she understands I'm thinking about her. And most days
    she has in fact been signing in.

Not really an answer to your question, what I've been saying here. But I
    thought it might be better than nothing ?

Hugs,
    Sabina

Hi Sabina,
    Thanks for responding. I wish some people wouldn't get so anxious sometimes
    on Trannyweb. For instance, Lucy Diamond and myself have disagreed on a few
    issues, yet I never took it personally. Lucy said she'd answer any of my
    hormones questions. But that's me.

I really don't want to see anyone leaving TW for reasons like these. Still,
    people have to do what is best for them.

Thanks again

Mere

• 1980 posts
    August 11, 2006 8:13 PM BST
    Thank you, Sabina, for letting me know. Sandra has been a longtime member here at TW and I hope that she's alright and that we'll see her back again.

As far as the recent confilicts and upheavals, I hope that they have been resolved and we can move on. My personal feeling is that there is always room for disgreements here on TW and for expressing a point of view, even one that's unpopular, after all, we're all adults and can speak for ourselves and defend our points of view as needed, but that there's no room for hostility or intolerance or deliberately making statements simply for the sake of being provocative.

Hugs...Joni
    • 2068 posts
    August 11, 2006 9:23 PM BST
    Mere's now a mod is she??......YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go girl!

LOL xxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2627 posts
    August 12, 2006 1:37 AM BST
    This should be a good forum for her. She is realy just starting the process herself. So should have much to say (she usualy does lol!
    • 2463 posts
    August 12, 2006 2:03 PM BST
    Thank you for your vote of confidence, girls. I promise to do my best, and to be fair.

As for Sandra, I do miss her postings. Like those by Lucy and Laura, among others, I always found her point of view to be so interesting, whether or not I saw the issue from a different side. I was able to persuade Mariette Hardeman to return. Maybe I could do it again!

Thanks again, and let's make this a lively forum!

Mere
    • 2017 posts
    August 12, 2006 8:16 PM BST
    Mere, I think you'll do a great job. You're always helping others and offering the best advice you can already. nice to see you recognised for it. I think you'll add an interesting input into the forum.
    • 588 posts
    August 12, 2006 8:36 PM BST
    Meredith,

I agree, it would be a good thing if Sandra could be brought to share her insights again. But as i'm sure you remember, it was because of the hell raised in early spring i mentioned Mariette at all. Could have been done some other way perhaps, but i'm not so sure. It's the same thing with my post about Sandra here now. I'm glad Joni asked about her, but i posted my answer because of the "recent conflicts" and the fact that it has made me grow tired of this place. It was pretty much the same when i brought up the question of what happened to Mariette too, some months ago. I remembered that more than a year ago you were the only one of her friends asking - openly - why she left. And the same with Sandra some months ago. So, you're certainly worth some confidence.

As for moving on... we all must do that. But i do not forget easily. The fact that Sandra stopped posting after the conflict between me and another member in early spring is an important reason why i have not been moving on the way some people might have preferred. In my view that conflict showed clearly that we can not express our views without taking the risk of being unjustly attacked - for an extended period of time. And all i did was reacting to a grossly intolerant comment. Then i was asked to apologize for my reaction, by that member and by an admin friend of hers. I do of course expect nothing similar from you, Meredith. But I find it worth mentioning here as it clearly concerns the question of moderation - and the reasons why some members may prefer to leave.
    • 1195 posts
    August 12, 2006 8:54 PM BST
    Congradulations Mere....now you can have something to do during your "spare" time.....he he
    • 515 posts
    August 13, 2006 6:25 AM BST
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOO Mere you go girl
    Take care
    Sara
    PS I'll try to be good