Friend's Support Search for Shoes

• 2573 posts
    November 20, 2006 8:28 PM GMT
    this ws such a nice coming-out story that I thought I would share it with you. Interestingly, it is in a "blog" on a large shoe site. One wonders if they are being subtle in saying "we welcome crossdressers." Enjoy it and check out the site for larger shoes to size 15. - Wendy

[url]http://designershoes.typepad.com/designershoescom/[url]

Friend's Support Search for Shoes

My best friend is not one of the guys I grew up with or play "rec league" basketball with, but instead is a wonderful 6'3" tall, size 12M woman I share my foot print with.

Several years ago, soon after we met and as we were becoming friends, we were sitting around my studio apartment talking, intermittently watching a baseball game on TV, .... when she left the room to freshen up. When she returned she smiled slightly and told me she had a pair of slides just like the pair she had seen in my hall closet. One great feature of my apartment was a huge walk-in closet. I invariably left the closet light on and the doors ajar so she couldn't help notice my women's shoes as she walked past. She was so matter-of-fact about it I was not sure how to respond to her. Was I horrified by her discovery or relieved I could share my love of women's shoes with someone. While my mind raced trying to decide how to respond, as she so often did, and still does in those inevitable awkward moments, she deftly changed the subject.

It wasn't until the next time we were together that she asked me about my shoes. I admitted my long time love of women's shoes ... and clothes. She listened intently as I told her all about my deep dark secret. Then she hugged me, we both alternately laughed and cried, until I took my shoes out of the closet and we giggled all afternoon as she tried them on - all ten pairs. They actually fit her better than her own. She had been forced to settle for an 11 since she could never find a store with a size 12 she liked.

That same afternoon I took her to a nondescript strip mall and a "fetish" shoe store that sold women's shoes to men. It seems so cheesy now but it was the only store I knew of where I could find cute shoes in my size ... and hers.

We quickly became best friends (she calls me her "different" girlfriend) and still laugh together about that fateful afternoon. She has married and has moved to another part of the country. We talk at least once every ten days or so and ....we both love DesignerShoes.

P.H.

October 30, 2006