I've been cleared for HRT

• 2573 posts
    November 30, 2006 12:05 AM GMT
    Mere,

You were due to get a break. I'm very happy for you.

As for crying....I found it was enough to find some way, any way, to let go of "The Rules" of male life....to let my true feelings bubble to the top. I've cried more in the last two years than in the entire rest of my life. I cry because I'm sad. I cry because I'm happy. I cry for completely "illogical" reasons. I think that being on hormones does shift the emotions. I think it also gives one permission to cry because, after all, you are becoming more "female" inside. It doesn't matter why, really. Just enjoy a good cry.
    • 2463 posts
    November 28, 2006 8:43 PM GMT
    I wrote about this is better detail in my latest blog, but the endo has cleared me for hormones. We are going to do a few things first, like make sure we work with a gender clinic, but I will be on my way very soon. He is also doing some other calling to make sure we are properly following the SOC.

I am slowly starting down the path.
  • November 28, 2006 10:39 PM GMT
    Good for you Meredith, you've waited a long time for this, your time is now !
    • 2463 posts
    November 28, 2006 11:28 PM GMT
    Thanks, Lilienne. You've been there for me for so long. I hope I can do something for you someday.

Love,
    Mere
    • 773 posts
    November 28, 2006 11:28 PM GMT
    That's great news, Mere! You're on your way now!
    • 1652 posts
    November 29, 2006 12:46 AM GMT
    Super, I’m sure like with me it will do you the world of good.
    xx
    • 1083 posts
    November 29, 2006 1:20 AM GMT
    **squeals**

Meredith! Way to go, girl!

I wish you the very, very best...this is another milepost on your journey. I am so excited for you!

Luv 'n hugs,

Dr. Mina Sakura
    • 2463 posts
    November 29, 2006 2:10 AM GMT
    Thanks, Lucy. You were so kind to answer my HRT questions some time back.

Min.....I haven't seen your latest book yet. Am I in it? Being egotistical, that is.

I am far too excited to sleep tonight.
  • November 29, 2006 6:29 AM GMT
    Great news Meredith. It's surprising how soon the effects can show. I've been on HRT for 9 months now and there is a great change to my body. I wish you the very best for the future.

Love Alina xxx
    • 1083 posts
    November 29, 2006 7:45 AM GMT
    Hehehehehehe...C'mon, Mere--you're an authoress, you know how this works....

You'll just have to get a copy and find out.

(I'll buy one of yours when you get published.)

Mina
  • November 29, 2006 8:11 AM GMT
    Mere,

Congratulations and way to go!! I know this has been a long time in coming for you.

Best wishes, Hon.!!

Hugs!!

Kari
    xoxoxo

P.S.: Click below for a funny I tagged to my site I'm working on...
    http://www.diveandkiteboa[...]rd.html
    • 374 posts
    November 29, 2006 11:10 AM GMT
    I'm so happy for you Mere! You go girl!

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
    • 2463 posts
    November 29, 2006 2:18 PM GMT
    It is so amazing the way things are now as opposed to a year ago.

I am so excited about all this. I can't wait to take my first dose. I can't wait for my first good cry!

Wow!
    • 1083 posts
    November 29, 2006 6:29 PM GMT
    Mere, honey--

That first really good cry is worth the whole thing. You'll just have to trust me on this one.

Mina
    • 140 posts
    November 30, 2006 12:57 AM GMT
    Meredith: I guess I can't say anything all your other wonderful sisters haven't already said ! So nice to know that things do work out sometimes! Congratulations my friend. Let us know how things are progressing! Jackie
    • 2463 posts
    December 1, 2006 2:29 AM GMT
    Thanks again, girls, for all your support. Lilienne asked me tonight when it is officially going to start, so I will pester the endo for a definite date.

Well, not pester, really. He is a great guy, especially since I am his first TG patient.

I am exhausted right now and am going to read a new script and pass out. I work 7 days a week.

Mere