Guilty pleasures

• January 9, 2007 2:06 AM GMT
    my guilty pleasure....don't laugh...i'm a scooby doo ahallic....i luv the doggie.lol
    • 2463 posts
    January 8, 2007 2:38 AM GMT
    I might have asked this once before, but I think it needs revisiting.....

"High School Musical" was on again tonight. Yes, I love that movie. It is a guilty pleasure.

What are yours? What is something that you should not like, but do? For instance, I have a PhD, and one of my favorite movies is a sappy, cliched teen musical.

What is it you like that you feel you're not supposed to? Here is a partial list of mine:

High School Musical
    Eric Carmen
    Suite Life of Zack and Cody
    1776 (the musical...totally inaccurate historically, but, hey)...

There are more. Chime in!

Mere
    • 2463 posts
    January 8, 2007 1:57 PM GMT
    Maybe I should have just said the Disney Channel. But now I watch it for all the right reasons, as opposed to over a year ago.
    • 1195 posts
    January 8, 2007 5:38 PM GMT
    Gee wiz ......things I like but shouldn't....hmmmm
    Well using the standards of this community...I like being friendly but I get glares. Crossdressing is definately out...I'd probably be jailed or sent to a mental health clinic.
    Using my standards is something else. I like "tear jerkers" but I'm not macho. He, he....never was macho. I do like looking at a fine figure of a woman....Is that wrong?
    • 1083 posts
    January 8, 2007 6:00 PM GMT
    Guilty pleasures?

music from the mid 1960's through the early 1980's (Journey, Foreigner, Billy Joel...ABBA...)

Chocolate. Pizza. (I've never had them together....)

Musicals. Grease, Fiorello, South Pacific, The Music Man....

And a few other things. **sigh** Now I'll have to go watch Grease while eating pizza and a Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate bar....

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina

• 127 posts
    January 9, 2007 3:00 AM GMT
    I really like mowtown music, even the Jackson 5
    • 2463 posts
    January 9, 2007 3:56 AM GMT
    Heather, not to be picky, but liking Motown is fantastic. Even the early Jackson 5.

Now, the Osmond Brothers.........well, that is another story (Hey there lonely girl......OR........they call it puppy love.....)

Oh, God, help me.......
    • 2463 posts
    January 9, 2007 1:20 PM GMT
    The idea of a guilty pleasure is that these pleasures SEEM to go against our very personalities.

Some of my other pleasures include ELO, NASCAR racing, and Speed Racer. Years ago I used to watch pro wrestling religiously. I still tune in once in a while to see what is going on.

Wow. Now where is that Lizzie McGuire CD?
    • 2627 posts
    January 9, 2007 3:43 PM GMT
    I love watching the LPGA. I check out the outfits thier wearing. Very short skirts.
    I do agree with most of what has been said except the Disney stuff though I do watch Disney toons.
    I also happen to think Bugs Bunny looks good in a skirt.
    • 2463 posts
    January 9, 2007 3:50 PM GMT
    Off-road motorcycling? That sounds like fun. I'd love to try it if I knew I wouldn't wind up dead in a ditch somewhere because I am so uncoordinated!

Okay, here's another - When Maury Povich does one of his paternity shows.

Okay, I must admit I like Barry Manilow's "Weekend in New England."

Whatever these pleasures are - ENJOY!!!!!!!
    • 1083 posts
    January 9, 2007 7:50 PM GMT
    Hey, Mere--

Wanna borrow my Speed Racer DVD's? I have the first 4.

A guilty pleasure for Anime fans might be any "magical girl" stuff, or shoujo manga. Ai Yori Aoshi was a guilty pleasure, but now I don't dare miss a volume!

Another guilty pleasure--"Star Blazers."

Mina
    • 2017 posts
    January 9, 2007 8:04 PM GMT
    I'm struggling to find guilty pleasures, maybe I just don't feel guilty. That said, I am a big Scooby Doo fan.
    • 127 posts
    January 10, 2007 1:29 AM GMT
    Bummer Nikki, the Scooby creator just died. As for the Osmonds,come one...Golf outfits? I'd love to.... I wasn't going to go into heels and such, but, I love ear rings!!!! Ones that dangle.
    • 2573 posts
    January 10, 2007 1:30 AM GMT
    I'm afraid that you have all taken my last guilty pleasure away from me. I no longer feel guilty about dressing en femme....and enjoy it a WHOLE lot more.

I still have guilt, but none of it is associated with a pleasure.....hmmmmm, well the website "Catholic Guilt" is fun but it's not the kind of guilt you mean.
    • 773 posts
    January 10, 2007 3:37 AM GMT
    Lynyrd Skynyrd and AC/DC.

I'm so ashamed.
  • January 10, 2007 9:26 AM GMT
    I don´t know if it fits into this thread but I´m so ashamed to cry at stupid sad movies. The same thing with stupid happy ends.

Laura
    • 128 posts
    January 12, 2007 5:34 AM GMT
    Don't laugh pleeze...I am really digging disco these days. I do feel guilty for feeling more womanly than most other gg I am around.
    • 2463 posts
    January 12, 2007 11:56 AM GMT
    DISCO?!?!?!?!?!? Oh, my......

But, in all fairness, my ex did have a good point about disco. It brought "touch dancing" back. Couple danced together again, as opposed to the hippie era where people just flipped out as they wished (not there there is anything wrong with that). Disco did help to bring back people acting doing steps, specific dances, etc.

What made me laugh is that all the people who hated disco went right back into the clubs some years later. They claimed it was no longer disco but "dance music." Never mind that it was the same thing! All they did was change the name.

Disco. Wow. Now THAT is a guilty pleasure!
    • 2463 posts
    January 13, 2007 2:25 PM GMT
    OKAY THIS IS MY LAST ONE ON THIS THREAD:

Petula Clark. Gotta love her.

The movie "Baby Boom."

Okay, let's talk about other things, like how I fooled Kendra into thinking how I forgot about her LBD.