My interwiev

• May 21, 2004 11:02 AM BST
    My interwiev "Transitioning at job" is now in a net paper. It is here, unfortunately only in Finnish:

www.join.fi/seis/sysays_2004/trans.shtml

Laura
  • May 21, 2004 12:50 PM BST
    Okay, thanks Sandra.

And here is my translation.

Laura
  • May 21, 2004 12:59 PM BST
    Sorry about the spelling mistakes....I was too speedy

Laura
    • 430 posts
    May 21, 2004 2:48 PM BST
    Laura,

I just read the article. I can't believe your 58. I wouldn't have guessed. Going by your pic I thought 40's max.

Just a tip, I know you said you only did a quick translation. In english it would be called "Health insurance" not "sick insurance"
  • May 21, 2004 6:18 PM BST
    I just read the interview, it was great to read. You are 1 lucky lady Laura. I hope the future only gets better for you
    Your boss is such a nice person and the interviewer was so open minded. I bet there isnt many people who would write such a nice interview. Going on what i have seen most people like to make fun on people in transitions of sex.

And i agree with the girls, i wouldnt think you of being a day over 40!

• May 22, 2004 7:46 AM BST
    Oh thanks girls....

That what actually everybody says...that I look like 40, definitely under 50. I guess that is my luck. And all my friends are around 40 or even less. That must be in genes from my mothers side. My granny lived nearly 100 years old and she lived alone until the last day, made her own food, cleaned her house. My mother is 85, she lives as ever, reads with no glasses and travels round the world...
    I have got so far only positive respond from that article. Tiina, one of my best friends, said I an example to the whole society with my braveness. Felt a bit embarrassed, but I hope I can make the road easier for those who follow me.
    Sandra, I wonder myself how on earth could I survive the years in the male role. It must be just my strength. I had decided to offer myself to my family. But at the end you can see,...not even I had enough strength to carry it through against my inner self.

hugs to all of you sisters

Laura