Reversing the stereotypes

• April 27, 2008 2:03 PM BST
    I didn't want to hijack any other threads so I'll post this in it's own thread instead.

I read some posts lately where members here are worried that the general public got it all wrong about what it means to be a TV or to have HBS.
    The Dame Edna's and "Jerry Springer type shemales" are just making things worse by providing bad stereotypes and there is a need for others to step up and provide a different image to the average person out there. TV's or persons with HBS who can provide a positive image of what everyday life is really like.

I suggest a little thought experiment here... I suggest everyone ask themselves this:
    What have I done, in real life outside the internet, to contradict the stereotypes out there and the negative image people have?

I mean things like educating colleagues at work by telling them about myself, living an open and public life or perhaps write articles for the local newspaper with my name an picture attached to them?

Me, I'm not out to change the world, I just want to live in it. I don't do any of those things and I stay as far away as possible from such topics in real life. I know I'm not helping one bit to contradict the negative image people have. Maybe I did at least something when I transitioned although unintentional, but now I do absolutely nothing. For truly selfish reasons.

Without posting a reply, because that might turn this thing into a "I'm better than you" kind of thread, ask yourself truthfully... What have YOU done to help the situation besides posting in special interest forums on the internet?