Cache with a catch?

• 734 posts
    June 24, 2008 10:17 PM BST
    Hi,

It may only be a minor problem - but its a major irritation!

I'm fairly sure the pm's I've sent over the past month have been disappearing into some strange online Davy Jones' locker. A copy does'nt appear in my sent folder and the recipients don't respond. [Which, of course, may be to do with the fact I pm in the early hours of the morning, tired, and probably of random mind!]

I originally posted in the 'new bug' thread, though felt it was'nt a new bug.

Katie kindly suggested a cache problem and gave me the faq link which included the following:

'In Internet Explorer choose "Internet Options" from the Tools drop-down menu and then under "Temporary Internet Files", click 'Settings' and then make sure that under "Check for newer versions of stored pages", "Every visit to the page" is checked. Click OK to save your changes, reboot your computer, then try logging in again.'

I'll be honest, anything to do with the net is a little 'modern' to me. My computing skills - which used to be good - all pre-date windows! lol.

I use Mozilla as my browser. Can anyone - preferably using words of few syllables, ideally several coloured crayons and a few pictures, translate the above into where I may find a similar solution with Mozilla? To be honest, I don't know even how that works in relation to IE... doh!

Much love

Rae xx
    • 530 posts
    June 24, 2008 10:27 PM BST
    For Firefox:-

Menu/Tools/Options/Advanced/Network (Tab).
    Offline storage, ('Use up to xxMb of space for the cache').

Click Clear Now.

Firefox calls the temporary files it's cache.

Sorted
    • 734 posts
    June 24, 2008 10:41 PM BST
    Wow, Sue!

10 minutes to respond has got to be a record! - 'though you are in Tiverton, the town of the eternally dilligent....

Have followed your instructions - thankyou - and am off to see if I can pm you....

Much love

Rae xxx
    • 734 posts
    June 24, 2008 11:03 PM BST
    Ok,

Well that seems to have worked - I did a reboot and the message sent to Sue has incremented my sent box by one - good news!

Thankyou Sue and thankyou Katie.

Much love

Rae xxx
    • 530 posts
    June 24, 2008 11:39 PM BST
    The impossible at once, miracles take a little longer. Got the message as well! XX
    • 734 posts
    June 25, 2008 12:20 AM BST
    Hey Sue,

Thankyou so much. It worked. I got your reply. My sent box belched politely and increased itself.

I just wonder where all the messages I've sent over the past month ended up? I just have a mental picture of someone somewhere in the world thinking 'what the heck?' as they receive a random message from RaeUK that makes even less sense to them then to person originally intended!

Much love

Rae xxx