Would you all be cross with me if ...

• 2127 posts
    September 19, 2008 12:55 AM BST
    Hello girls,

Would you all be cross with me if I changed Trannyweb?

We need to change for the better. We need to bring the site up to date and make it more Web 2.00, so to speak.

In the past I have found that making changes has caused real problems for some, who have not been able to handle them and have left us. I really don't want that to happen.

At this early stage, please let me assure everyone that the changes we intend to make will be for the benefit of the whole membership. A more attractive site, better navigation, more features, and so on.

Sorry if you don't like the colour scheme. We may have a big surprise for you there too!

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 1912 posts
    September 19, 2008 1:06 AM BST
    Katie, it's the premace of the site that keeps us coming, "TRANNYWEB SOCIAL NETWORKING FOR TG PEOPLE"
    If the site remains a place for networking and support, it shouldn't matter what you change.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1652 posts
    September 19, 2008 1:36 AM BST
    Aww Katie, how could we be cross with you?
    Some people just don’t like change, but I’d be surprised if many left just because they can’t handle a bit of redecoration and refurbishment.
    I’m kind of hoping the new colour scheme isn’t pink, but whatever it is I’m sure I’ll get used to it.
    xx
    • 2463 posts
    September 19, 2008 2:55 AM BST
    There is nothing wrong with upgrading and making some changes. Hell, I remember how the chatroom was five years ago as opposed to now.

Cross? Hardly. If someone gets mad it is because they are not taking the time to learn and/or understand.
    • 2573 posts
    September 19, 2008 3:48 AM BST
    But, MOMMY, All my friends are HERE! I don't WANT to move!

Oh, ummm, sorry about that. I agree, Katie, nothing you do could make me change my mind. You've done a positively brilliant job with TW and I'm sure, any change, no matter how painful, will be good for the community's growth. It's a lovely old Sorority House but, yes, the wiring is pre-WWII and the plumbing leaks a bit and it creaks when overloaded. I'm sure new software and design will help and we probably need to hike up our skirts and wade across the Internet River to the current day.

My only concerns are with things like the messages on our blogs being lost. I'm a bit behind on doing hard copy back ups of my blogs for my therapist and me as well.
    • 136 posts
    September 19, 2008 5:53 AM BST
    Katie,

As long as Trannyweb lives on with you at the helm, I'll follow you to the edge of the earth.

Nicole

Lucy,
    What's wrong with PINK ?
    • 2017 posts
    September 19, 2008 8:22 AM BST
    Why would we all leave? Progress is nothing to be afraid of, I'm sure the new site will be even better. We certainly don't want to be still running the same old look ten years from now do we?

As Mere said already, the chatroom changes were brilliant so I'd like to see the rest of TW grow to it's full potential.

Go for it!

Nikki
  • a a
    • 96 posts
    September 19, 2008 10:06 AM BST
    How can we complain about change,when all of our live is about change? Seriously though this is the best site on the web for Tgirls and I think it`s the girls here that make the site good.So if all you great girls stay it does`nt matter what the wall paper looks like.
    Hugs and kisses,
    michelle xxxx
    • 2627 posts
    September 19, 2008 10:17 AM BST
    It's the people that bring me here not what I can or can't click on.
    • 1195 posts
    September 19, 2008 2:44 PM BST
    Katie
    Changes are good (repeat this five times)
    I've been here with you for some time now and I like it fine. What ever you think will work for "the good of the whole" it's ok by me
    Hugs- big hugs
    Gracie
    • 181 posts
    September 20, 2008 9:29 PM BST
    Katie, Im somewhat new to computers any way. If you change anything , make it easier for an older person like me to navagate the forum. I just wish more folks would share their experences here. I love to hear how others are sharing their transisitions I am a Moderator in a T G goup here In Richmond Va. I use others experences to work with people on " Commin-Out" Ellen Shaver
    • 1083 posts
    September 23, 2008 5:07 PM BST
    Katie, luv--

Do what you feel is best. It's the people that keep me here, not the background.

As for the background here...

**grins**

Go to my website sometime. Now that's pink!

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 2017 posts
    September 23, 2008 5:54 PM BST
    So are you going to tell us when we can look forward to seeing these changes Katie? Will it be soon or in the new year?

Ellen - with regard to transitions, the majority tend to write about that in their blogs rather than in the forums. Have a look and I'm sure you will find it interesting and enlightening.

Nikki