Get Well Josie!

• 2463 posts
    October 17, 2008 2:02 PM BST
    Girls,
    Yesterday Josie Brissette had an accident. She'll be able to give any details, but it involved her horse being forced to defend itself, and her, from a dog. Thanks to some neighbors who saw her injured, she was rushed to the hospital. She will be fine, and they kept her overnight for observation.

As you can guess, those hours of waiting were living hell for me. Thanks to her daughter, who passed on what information she could, I tracked Josie down to her hospital room. She should be released this morning.

GET WELL SOON JOSIE!!!!

Love you, babe!

Mere

• 2017 posts
    October 17, 2008 2:40 PM BST
    I am sorry to hear about Josie's accident Mere but I'm glad she is okay. Please pass on my best wishes to her.

Actually, that goes for you too, I know what it's like worrying over a loved one.

Nikki
    • 1195 posts
    October 17, 2008 3:02 PM BST
    I hope Josie will be ok.
    Gracie
    • 1980 posts
    October 17, 2008 3:52 PM BST
    My best to you both, Meredith.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 871 posts
    October 17, 2008 5:19 PM BST
    I hope the horse is ok! oh, and josie i supose! haha
    xxx
    • 2068 posts
    October 17, 2008 9:52 PM BST
    Sorry to Hear that mere, hope she's soon on the mend.

Lol xxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2127 posts
    October 17, 2008 10:11 PM BST
    Poor Josie. I do hope she is feeling better very soon.

And her poor horse must also be feeling a bit stressed. I used to ride myself some years ago and I remember just how easy it was for my horse to freak.

I hope Josie will remember the old adage though, about getting back on straight away.

Thanks for letting us know Mere.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 734 posts
    October 18, 2008 12:31 AM BST
    Glad Josie's ok, but it could'nt have been a pleasant experience for either of you.

Best wishes!

Rae x
    • 2463 posts
    October 18, 2008 1:16 AM BST
    Josie is home just fine, and is healing well. She'll give you the details on her injuries. They almost kept her a second night but she was ready to go. The doctor told her to just resume her normal activities.

On behalf of the both of us, we really appreciate your well wishes.

I did ask her if they could cure her blondness, but she says that is incurable.

Thanks again!

Mere and Josie
    • 259 posts
    October 18, 2008 1:51 AM BST
    Thankyou sisters for your concern. I am doing well. Got 7 stitches on the back of my head, slight concussion and a case of whiplash and some scrapes and bruises here and there. Had a great night on morphine. I have some memory loss but most is coming back. My head does not hurt anymore but my muscles are sooo sore. just put my script in for Vicodan lol! I am so glad to be home. Hope I can get somesleep tonight.
    • 2573 posts
    October 18, 2008 2:48 AM BST
    Well, Josie, remember......

You are not a horseperson till you have been thrown at least three times.
    • 2627 posts
    October 18, 2008 4:25 AM BST
    Sorry to be so late but just got in from work.
    Mere sent me an email lastnight. You've been in my prayers since. It worked to since your ok.
    No need to thank me, just glad I could help. lol
    • 2463 posts
    October 18, 2008 2:29 PM BST
    When I last spoke to Josie she was doing just fine. I am a litte miffed that she can't share her medication with me, but, hey, it happens.

Now I can go back to telling her blond jokes, and then having to explain them to her. The most classic time is when I told her:\
    Me: "Why did the two blonds freeze to death at the drive in? They went to see 'Closed for the Season.'"

Josie: "I don't get it."

I am so happy you're doing so well, babe. If only I could be there to help.

Girls, thanks again for your concern.

Mere

• 259 posts
    October 19, 2008 8:34 PM BST
    Wow. I am feeling great today. Thank you for all the well wishes and to Meredith who has been my support.
    • 2463 posts
    October 19, 2008 10:55 PM BST
    You know I would do anything for you! I just want you to feel better.