How Old is Your Brain?

• 2627 posts
    October 31, 2008 2:57 PM GMT
    This will drive you nuts. The site instructions are in Japanese, so read below!

1. Touch ʼstartʼ
    2. Wait for 3, 2, 1.
    3. Memorize the number's position on the screen, and then click the circle from
    the smallest number to the biggest number.
    4. At the end of game, the computer will tell you the age of your brain.

Brain Test
    • 1652 posts
    October 31, 2008 5:30 PM GMT
    Yay, I just got 8 years younger! I'm sure I can do better though.
    That's a good exercise Karen, I was waiting for some ghoul to leap out and scream at me, especially with it being Halloween!
    Nice one.
    xx
    • 1912 posts
    October 31, 2008 6:01 PM GMT
    OMG, I halved my age, I got 25. And here I thought all along I was 29.
    • 171 posts
    October 31, 2008 6:10 PM GMT
    Hmmmn? I got 29. On a Friday evening my brain feels a bit older than that..
    Rachel
    • 112 posts
    October 31, 2008 9:35 PM GMT
    Got 32 on the first one then 26 on the second one. im smack bang in the middle of them.
    • 1195 posts
    November 1, 2008 12:44 AM GMT

Well there's good news and there's bad news.
    Good news first I lost 20 years.
    Bad news - I'm older than the rest of you.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 2463 posts
    November 1, 2008 1:37 AM GMT
    Hey! I got 27! 19 years younger!
    • 2573 posts
    November 1, 2008 3:58 AM GMT
    That was upsetting. I gave up after the number of digits got above about 4. It was set up much like the test that revealed my learning disorder in my 40's. At the time I was practically in tears of frustration over it. The test I got was oral and I had to do the numbers in reverse order, but it's interesting to find that I have a similar problem with this one, which also required that I remember the order of numbers. So this has given me a useful piece of information about my disabilities. It won't surprise anyone to know I am terrible at card games or multiple path mental exercises like chess. My memory fails me.

On the other hand, I excel at high speed, single path, deductive reasoning. I once learned a half-semester of Symbolic Logic in a single 14 hr study session and solved every problem on the final exam correctly (except for one I transposed a ~ symbol in copying but solved it correctly as written. So, I suppose it's another example of how our brains can make lemonade from being transgendered.

Thank you Karen for a very productive and educational experience in understanding my messed up brain.
    • 2017 posts
    November 1, 2008 11:02 AM GMT
    I enjoy these kind of games and am usually pretty good at them, and now I'm only 27 years old! Wooohoooo!!!

Nikki
  • November 1, 2008 11:27 AM GMT
    I got 54 does that make me senile or was I just having a bad day, or does it mean my brain is more advanced than my body???
    • 22 posts
    November 5, 2008 1:19 AM GMT
    Ohhhh if i were only 29 again!!! but then i wouldnt have meet ya'll nice people.they have something similar 4 a netendo DS called flash focas. huggs 2 all Jenn.
    • 89 posts
    November 5, 2008 8:15 PM GMT
    My brain is 20 which explains so much as i was a right pain in the bum then.