Have you seen a "Software Error" message

• 2358 posts
    November 26, 2008 1:23 PM GMT
    Katie, I never experienced software errors, acessing the latest posts from the home page, I found it a very convenient way to check on posts when signing on. please put it back. It also tends to lure newbies to check the forums as they log on.
    • 614 posts
    November 27, 2008 3:00 PM GMT
    yep had it twice now in the last couple of hours
    • 2127 posts
    November 26, 2008 12:03 PM GMT
    You may have noticed that we removed the latest forum posts list from the main page a few days back.

Sorry for the inconvenience but the reason is because Eric the programmer is trying to find out why people occasionally get a "Software Error" message. He thinks it's something to do with the list on that page so we removed it to see if that would fix the problem. Has it?

Has anyone had the Software Error message in the last couple of days? If not then we'll know that the forum post list is the culprit and we'll be able to get it fixed.

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    • 404 posts
    November 26, 2008 2:04 PM GMT
    Katie,

There was some sort of Error message yesterday when I tried to clock in-(25/11)- I signed in but couldn't get beyond the Kendall-Manning ad. By the same token I could not clock out..........I came back later and had no problems. I seem to recall having had the same hassle a while back but put it down to problems with the internet connection- there was an over-eager JCB operator in the area.........

ciao

Lynn H.
    • 2127 posts
    November 26, 2008 2:36 PM GMT
    Thanks girls. The problem you had Lynn, sounds like a duff cookie.

We will be putting the forum posts list back again as soon as we've got this problem licked. It should only be a few days.

Has anyone else had a Software Error message in the last couple of days?

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 364 posts
    November 27, 2008 3:32 AM GMT
    I had the same problem as lynn and left the site. I retried immediately and everything was normal.
    • 614 posts
    November 27, 2008 2:32 PM GMT
    OK for the 1st time ive just had the error message the same as lynne , this is the 1st time i have had the problem though
    • 2127 posts
    November 27, 2008 2:38 PM GMT
    Most interesting. Do you know what the error message said Christine?

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 614 posts
    November 27, 2008 2:54 PM GMT

Software error:

Can't call method "getAuthorID" on an undefined value at BAC/CommonForumsClubs/Objects/ForumCore.pm line 1485.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
    • 2127 posts
    November 27, 2008 2:58 PM GMT
    Thanks for that Christine. Did it happen today?

Hugs,

KT x
    • 404 posts
    November 27, 2008 2:59 PM GMT
    Yep,that's what I had too..............

ciao

Lynn H.
    • 2127 posts
    November 27, 2008 10:50 PM GMT
    Thanks girls. You have been most helpful.

Hugs,

Katie x