Student Direct Pt. II

• February 17, 2009 1:04 PM GMT
    The editing and suspension of a thread

Katie is perfectly correct and obligated to TW, protecting her interests and the membership, It is one thing To post links of already published articles, but to add to them with what might be seen as slanderous comments is inviting trouble and could
    result in litegation and damages being awarded. Might I suggest in future adding the term ''In my considered opinion'' but that is still not a legal get out for allowing the publication or the circulation of unsubstantiated comments as to derogatory remarks about a 3rd parties character.
    ''
    • 2127 posts
    February 17, 2009 1:45 PM GMT
    Quite right! We have to be sooooo careful these days. There are a lot of people out there who would be very pleased to see us go under. We must not help them like this.

I note from Mercia's profile that her hobbies include "trans activism". That is not what we are about and very dangerous territory for us.

Since I suspended Mercia's thread, she has decided to leave us. Obviously when I honour her request and cancel her membership her thread will be deleted too, along with all of her other posts.

Mercia's leaving comment is as follows...

"You are too sacred to fight the thugs, I live my life to do so, so I am off to fight with those with who will say with Harvey Milk "This is about our lives."

I think she meant "scared". Well, good luck to you Mercia. I hope you win or at least help to change attitudes but Trannyweb is not the place for it.

Hugs,

Katie x
  • February 17, 2009 2:45 PM GMT
    the only one that is losing is Marcia, there are ways to go about things, cutting ones nose of to spite their face is not the way. Angry does'nt realy do it for me. Spent too long being angry and resentful, Surely if their university published derogatory articles, they should be liable and be castigated and taken to task in the courts, There is at hand the european human rights act. Even if it only resulted in the removal of the editor, then that would show people they can't get away with this crap anymore.
    But throwing petrol bombs only distances people even more. Causing more resentment and animosity.
  • a a
    • 96 posts
    February 17, 2009 4:37 PM GMT
    Hi Katie and christine,
    AS a transsexual i`ve found the best way to really change people`s attitude is just to interact with them on a day to day basis.Showing them that we are regular people just like everyone else.The same hopes and dreams,worries and fears.I interact with people with confidence and in a pleasent manner.So far everyone has treated me as a regular girl and so far I have received no negativity at all.
    Love,
    Michelle xxx
  • February 17, 2009 5:09 PM GMT
    Exactly michelle I concur, but you cannot force people to accept you, if you try it only makes matters worse, nothing is gained by being overly confrontational, some people you have to sue, take to court, or just mark them down as biggoted know nothings and walk away, with a feeling of its their loss, not getting an insight to a genuine and lovely person. Trying to make somone like
    you and accept you is like trying to raise the dead. That is true in life, wether your gay ''normal per se'' or TV, TS
    • 1195 posts
    February 17, 2009 8:01 PM GMT
    Liability is a big word.
    hugs
    Gracie