But wait! There is more!

• 2463 posts
    February 26, 2009 1:30 PM GMT
    What a time I've been having lately................

Walking home from teaching last night I get a call from my mom that my Uncle Bob just passed away! Granted, he had been ill for a long time, especially inflicted with Alzheimer's.

While I feel sorry about this, I really hadn't had much contact with that side of the family for years. Actually, when my kid was much younger those two really liked each other a lot. And I do have a lot of memories of my uncle. Probably the one thing I will always remember is how well I learned to swear when he and my dad got together. Not to stereotype, but those two old sailors could sure use the salty language (no pun intended!).

Anyway, I'll find out more about the memorial service today.

Don't worry, I am fine. Just waiting for something else to happen now!

Mere
    • 38 posts
    February 26, 2009 2:27 PM GMT
    Hi Meredith,

Well, this is the third thing, and it's said that bad things happen in threes, so things should be looking up for you from here on.

Hang in there {{{{[[[[((((Hugs))))]]]]}}}}

Talia
    • 1195 posts
    February 26, 2009 2:53 PM GMT
    Mere - There's an old saying "When it rains it pours." I think it's on a salt container too.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 16 posts
    February 27, 2009 12:29 AM GMT
    Sorry to hear of your loss, never easy.

have another question.
    I also am a university professor in NYC.
    you are so passable, but do you also teach in your femme mode?

very interested

patriciaann
    • 2463 posts
    February 28, 2009 1:51 PM GMT
    No, I do not teach in femme mode right now. I am not fully out yet.

However, I am almost fully out at the museum.
    • 2573 posts
    March 7, 2009 7:23 AM GMT
    Meredith, how can one be "almost fully out"? Sounds like a line from a Harry Potter film like being "nearly headless" Anyway, it will come in handy next time I'm at the museum trying to find you and realizing I don't KNOW what name you are working under. Oooops. Nearly blew that one.