16 yr old youngest sex-change recipient

• 2573 posts
    March 7, 2009 6:57 AM GMT
    http://www.independent.ie[...]37.html

"Sixteen-year-old boy is world's youngest sex-change recipient".

"The procedure -- carried out in secret and paid for by the German health service -- was authorised after psychologists confirmed that she was "without doubt a girl in a boy's body"..

Duh, you would think they would have got it right.......she's a GIRL.

Excuse me, I need some serious chocolate.
    • 3 posts
    April 6, 2009 2:49 AM BST
    Has anyone else read this response on the same site to the 16 year old sex change recipient?

http://www.independent.ie[...]40.html

'Gender identity disorder: not so much a medical syndrome as a career choice for the aspiring celebrity' is the final line; the whole article makes me sick, and whoever wrote it was very narrow minded!
    • 2573 posts
    April 7, 2009 4:05 AM BST
    I believe that this writer was ignorant but not being unkind. She really was writing about her emotional response to the gender reassignment. She clearly did NOT take time to carefully reread the original article or think about what she herself had written. She blames it on teenage confusion when she herself wrote that the child had been identifying as a girl since the age of two....at two I didn't even know there were genders. At the age of 12, when most boys have little interest in girls yet, the LAST thing a boy wants is to be identified as a girl or "sissy". This writer is pre-programmed and not seeking out more information. However, I believe her heart is in the right place, despite her ignorance. I have to look at how many of us used to know nothing about ourselves, not much more than 10-15 yrs ago there was little available. It's a bit much of us to expect the public to understand it without more exposure.....which they generally get on television when they see aspiring TG celebrities.

Interesting article; thanks for posting it, Crystal.
    • 2358 posts
    April 7, 2009 9:59 AM BST
    Mmmmm like Pete Burns, not exactly a role model I would choose. HTF is Pete Burns you may ask, a very minor gliche in the order of TS life in general, ex Big Brother, say no more.
    • 404 posts
    April 8, 2009 2:25 PM BST
    WTF is Eilis Burns??? Apart from someone sounding off on a very thin story which I don't think is particularly new. Then again,since I live in Germany where Kim's story is now fairly old hat,I'm probably biased.

ciao

Lynn H.
    • 1652 posts
    April 8, 2009 11:36 PM BST
    Eilis O'Hanlon… Pete Burns…
    Lets not get them confused now Lynn, even though they are both twats.
    I’m sure there will always be people who don’t understand, nor make any attempt to understand the nature of gender-related conditions, but it’s not indicative of the gradually improving understanding and acceptance by society in general. These are just individuals trying to make a stir in their own line of work. They are ignorant, and they have an ulterior motive, they are tiny specks in the greater scheme of things.
    Eilis O'Hanlon by implication refers to SRS candidates as, “being confused about one's identity and sexuality…” when we are not in the least confused about our identity, perhaps more assured than most in fact. Dysphoria, or dysmorphia as he/she describes it is a misleading term that sounds something like confusion, but actually means more along the lines of dissatisfaction. The whole treatment of TS’s is geared towards removing any possible confusion; patients must display absolute certainty of their identity before treatment is given.
    In short, the writer doesn’t know their arse from their elbow.
    I tend to ignore such ignorance. In any case, to anyone with half a brain, such articles are easily explained, corrected or dismissed.
    Pete Burns by the way, whilst appearing on Big Brother was adamant that he was neither transsexual nor female in any way. He is definitely “a man”, who dresses as he pleases.
    One of the most hideous, insecure and irritating “celebrity” personalities I’ve ever come across. “I’m just telling it as it is” is NOT an excuse to be arrogant, patronising and extremely rude. The real reason for all that is his own insecurity. I liked his record (singular) about 28 years ago, I can’t stand the man.
    xx
    • 404 posts
    April 9, 2009 6:23 PM BST
    I just know you're all drooling and panting to know more about Ms. Petras.............wannabe pop-star............

http://kimperium.blogspot.com

Can't say I've heard her on the radio yet....maybe her record company isn't pushing her enough........you can link through to her Myspace and YouTube sites if you're that interested.................

Pete Burns?The name rings a bell-he's in a book called 'Men in Frocks' by Kris Kirk and Ed Heath,published 1984...........never actually heard him though,seems to be a UK version of Marilyn Manson or Alice Cooper.Either way,I suspect I haven't missed anything!

Have a nice Easter!

Lynn H.
    • 1652 posts
    April 9, 2009 10:13 PM BST
    Pete Burns was the singer in the band “Dead or Alive”, whose biggest (and only real) hit was “You spin me Round (like a record)”, which I think was also Stock, Aitken and Waterman’s first hit.
    Pete used to look like a man, with long hair and an eye patch (just an image thing). He appeared many years later, having never been heard of since, on Celebrity Big Brother sporting a radically different image - looking pretty much like a woman in full make-up and having had much cosmetic surgery, but behaving like a complete arsehole of a man. Indeed, people who weren’t around at the time of his chart success know him only as, “That twat off Big Brother”.
    xx
    • 1652 posts
    April 9, 2009 10:27 PM BST
    Thanks for the link by the way, Lynn. I just watched a couple of the videos, and would challenge Eilis O'Hanlon or anyone else to watch them and then insist that Kim must live the rest of her life as a man.
    It is patently obvious that this would only mean a life of misery for someone so unambiguously female.
  • April 10, 2009 7:29 PM BST
    I do agree with Wendy I think the persin who wrote the second story is emotional and ilrational I think they have a problem with us girls who have already become women or want to become women. I think they need to leave ther wmotions at the door when they write.
    • 404 posts
    April 13, 2009 2:24 PM BST
    I've just googled Eilis O'Hanlon..........seems that she is a Northern Ireland born journalist and crime writer who can probably best,and perhaps euphemistically,be described as................... outspoken.Various other epithets occur to me but they'd never get past the TW censor............

Happy Easter

Lynn H.