A prayer for Josie's mom

• 2463 posts
    March 23, 2009 2:44 AM GMT
    It is with sadness that I must report that Josie's mom just passed away. She was very ill, and had been in the hospital earlier this week. Nobody had heard from her, and I kept tellng Josie to call the police and go over to her mom's house, which they did. Her mom was found dead in her chair, in front of the TV. Hopefully all this happened without any pain.

Girls, if you can, drop Josie a line. She's holding up bravely, but I sure wish to the Lord Krishna I was there now to help her.

Josie, you know I love you. I will do whatever I can to help. I should be there now. I am here for you.

Mere
    • 2463 posts
    March 23, 2009 12:51 PM GMT
    Spoke to Josie this morning, as I always do.

She is holding up okay. She did sleep okay last night. She has a lot to handle today with her siblings, like the arrangements.

I just wish I could be there.

Mere
    • 2017 posts
    March 23, 2009 12:58 PM GMT
    Josie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, nothing I can say will numb the pain or make you feel any better, but my thoughts are with you.

Nikki
    • 1912 posts
    March 23, 2009 1:16 PM GMT
    Josie,
    As I said in my email to you, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for this sad loss.
    Love,
    Marsha
    • 1980 posts
    March 23, 2009 2:23 PM GMT
    Dear Josie-

My heart goes out to you and your family. I wish you the best during this trying time. And my best to you as well, Meredith, I know is a difficult time for you also.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2463 posts
    March 23, 2009 10:11 PM GMT
    While I am sure Josie is contacting some of you personally, she has been in good spirits. Her mother will be buried here in Illinois, in the southern portion of the state. Not exactly a short drive from here! But we are still coming up with a plan as to how we can go visit her mom's grave.

We appreciate all your support.

Mere
    • 734 posts
    March 24, 2009 1:21 AM GMT
    For both of you,

I send my love. No matter what the age and no matter what the reason, the passing of your Mother causes pain. Mine went at 58. It leaves a hole that can only be filled by the belief that there is a better life to come.

Much love to you.

Rae x
    • 2463 posts
    March 24, 2009 12:54 PM GMT
    The visitation will be Thursday, with the funeral on Friday. It looks like the Illinois burial will not be happening but rather her mom will remain in Colorado, which makes more sense.

Josie's spirits last night were quite good.

One or two of you expressed concerns for me. I'm fine. Right now I am making sure Josie remains my number one concern.

I won't be posting any more on this as there really is not much more to say other than Josie appreciates all your well wishes.

Mere
    • 259 posts
    March 24, 2009 5:31 PM GMT
    Hi all,

Thank you all for your condolances, they are greatly appreciated. A special thanks to my girlfriend Mere who is supporting me. She is certainly my ray of sun in this ordeal. I am taking this well however am not looking forward to the funeral this Friday. I will be a mess but it will be nice to see family members I have not seen since I was a child. Thanks again to all my sisters here at TW!
    • 374 posts
    March 25, 2009 10:29 AM GMT
    Josie,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Mere and your family during this most difficult time. May your mom rest in peace.

Hugs,

Monika
  • March 25, 2009 8:42 PM GMT
    oh Josie So sorry to hear of your loss. Will be thinking of you on Friday.

Hugs from me and Mandy