AFA and Pepsi Boycott

• 1980 posts
    March 27, 2009 4:26 PM GMT
    Hi Everyone-

Here's an email I received from from a group I belong to. Myself, I'm a Coke drinker, diet please, but I did call Pepsi and told them how much I appreciated their support of PFLAG and the gay community. Perhaps it doesn't mean a whole lot about those of us who are TG, but I do feel that all of us who are "different" in the minds of society at large should stand up for one another.

Anyway, give them a call, the person I spoke to was very nice.

"The American Family Association is boycotting Pepsi for their support of PFLAG. Please call Pepsi (914-253-2000 or 1-800-433-2652 x 0 ) and thank them for standing against America's anti-gay forces! The people that have called so far have said that the operators are very friendly and appreciate supportive calls!"
    • 2573 posts
    March 28, 2009 5:17 AM GMT
    Joni,

I sent a written message to Pepsi at their contact web page:

http://cr.pepsi.com/usen/[...]?date=2

"I want you to know that I applaud your contribution to GLBT groups. I am a lifetime COKE drinker by preference. However, as long as The American Family Association is boycotting PepsiCo for their support of PFLAG, I intend to switch to Pepsi products in support of your stand for equality. Thank you for your decision. "

Perhaps if they get enough pledges like that it will steel their resolve. May I suggest that others do the same and spread the word?