Girls that have gone missing

• 2358 posts
    April 22, 2009 9:46 AM BST
    I am rather concerned, Eileen Taylor, Who was due to undergo surgery some weeks ago, has'nt been back, I do hope she is OK and if anyone has heard from her, Please post, to let me know she is OK and doing well. I know some have issues with her, but I got on very well with her and would like to think everything apart we all wish her well. Huggs for Eileen, xxXxx

Cristine.
    • 2573 posts
    April 23, 2009 2:30 AM BST
    No, and I've emailed her. I'll do it again today. I've been concerned as well.
    • 2358 posts
    April 25, 2009 4:31 PM BST
    Thankyou Wendy.

Pity so many who have the time to get all hot and bothered and manic, in a post that was meant to be humerous and lighthearted as in Jesus said, don't get so concerned over somone that has gone missing. When you compare the numbers that have viewed this thread and made a post and the number of people that have posted in the trivia threads, just goes to show just how many realy care about people, More intent on airing their own opionions to demonstrate their own eloquence and being able to string words together. For example Joanna Ford, last time I spoke to her, she was realy down and depressed no one has seen her since either.. Anyone ever asked if anyone had seen or heard from her?

Cristine xxXxx
    • 2573 posts
    April 26, 2009 3:24 AM BST
    Christine,

You know what I do now, per M/A. Let's hope NIkki is able to translate the German at the end of Eileen's phone number and get a lead. I know, without a doubt, that Eileen would have emailed me or come on chat as soon as she could after surgery.

Can't track Joanna Ford because I'm 'po and got a basic membership. I don't even know if she is still on TW. Someone who can, please check the member search for Full Members.

• 40 posts
    April 26, 2009 5:55 AM BST
    Hi Cristine,

I've tried to contact Eileen on messenger but no reply, actually I haven't heard a word from her in a long time.
    Basic member as well, so no way to search for Joanna either, sorry. I do hope they both are OK and one of us hears something soon

Bridgette
    • 38 posts
    April 26, 2009 7:45 AM BST
    I hope they're both okay.

This thread was the first I'd heard Eileen hadn't been on chat for a while. I haven't been on it a lot myself lately.

Talia
    • 1912 posts
    April 26, 2009 1:34 PM BST
    Joanna Ford's Last Login was Sunday July 13th, 2008
    • 734 posts
    April 26, 2009 11:23 PM BST
    Thankyou for this thread, Cristine.

The one beautiful thing about TW [actually, to be fair, I should say 'one of'...] is that a core part of it lies within a very caring community. Don't get me wrong, I do see your point - and a good point it is indeed. And I'm happy others here are doing what they can to contact those 'missing in action'. [Sort of underlines my point].

Maybe it's a good time to remind people to keep their contact details up to date. We, the great unwashed, don't get to see them but Katie [and presumably her team] do.

For example, I've been on a little hiatus from TW due to other commitments, health etc. It was'nt terribly long before I got an email from Katie asking if all was well. For those few who believe she has more faults than a tectonic plate, let me just say she's a girl with a real heart of gold. And, no, she does'nt keep it in the fridge next to the severed head...

Also, like some, I just use the forums and peek at the occasional blog. Chat, for me, is rather like garlic to a vampire. Really don't like it. So the number of people I 'know' - ie communicate with directly - from this site can be counted on one hand. With a few fingers left over.

I guess what I'm saying is that in TW / Katie I trust...

... and the kind hearts like yourself who will also spot an absentee and enquire.

Much love to you hunni.

Rae x
    • 2573 posts
    April 27, 2009 6:46 AM BST
    Thanks, Marsha.
    • 2358 posts
    May 4, 2009 11:29 AM BST
    Has anyone heard from Eileen yet? or at lease acertained wether she is ok? If somone is in contact please foward my best regards and tell her I miss her. Thankyou.
    • 530 posts
    May 4, 2009 11:39 PM BST
    RE Joanna. Have tried emailing her known addresses, no reply as yet, but I know she doesn't check them that often. Not had a chance to phone her yet.
    Last I heard her Joanna had a new job working for local governent, and her ex was back. The latter may have some bearing on her going underground again.
    Will let you know how she is if I can track her down.
    Sue.
    • 2127 posts
    May 6, 2009 3:04 PM BST
    I have asked Nikki Hollm to give Eileen a call to make sure she is okay. Hopefully she will report back in this thread soon.

By the way, here are a few more girls who've gone M.I.A. (missing in action) in recent months...

Alexandra MacGregor
    Last Logged In: Monday February 18th, 2008

Allison Smith
    Last Logged In: Sunday August 17th, 2008

Amanda Keith
    Last Logged In: Wednesday January 9th, 2008

barbi jones
    Last Logged In: Monday January 29th, 2007

Becky Holmes
    Last Logged In: Wednesday August 13th, 2008

Bosco Anaconda
    Last Logged In: Thursday May 15th, 2008

Casandra Clayton
    Last Logged In: Saturday January 17th, 2009

Dani Foster
    Last Logged In: Thursday February 19th, 2009

Gillian Dundas
    Last Logged In: Wednesday January 28th, 2009

Janyce-Anna Williams
    Last Logged In: Monday January 12th, 2009

Jennifer Snow
    Last Logged In: Saturday January 31st, 2009

Julie Clarke
    Last Logged In: Saturday April 26th, 2008

Katherine Tonry
    Last Logged In: Monday September 29th, 2008

Kattie Thomas
    Last Logged In: Wednesday July 9th, 2008

Keli Alxis 2Good
    Last Logged In: Saturday June 28th, 2008

Lisa Brydon
    Last Logged In: Thursday December 21st, 2006

Rhia Pearse
    Last Logged In: Friday January 11th, 2008

Sharon Walker
    Last Logged In: Wednesday August 20th, 2008

Shauna Baggett
    Last Logged In: Tuesday July 1st, 2008

Sheila Osborn
    Last Logged In: Sunday January 25th, 2009

Sue Knamy
    Last Logged In: Sunday December 21st, 2008

Tami Way
    Last Logged In: Friday August 1st, 2008

Tu-Liki Di Pipistrelli
    Last Logged In: Saturday November 15th, 2008

Valerie Lynette

WynonnaRose Edgecomb
    Last Logged In: Sunday February 15th, 2009

Do you know any of these names? Many, like Alexis 2Good for example, we really prolific members and here every day, then suddenly, they disappeared. Where are they now?

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2358 posts
    May 6, 2009 3:29 PM BST
    Thankyou Katie, I know there is always somone like you beavering away in the background, the unsung hero, (which member should take note of the efforts that are put in, behind the scenes) There are obviously a few people you have missed, but the ones I realy know I am still in contact with, I was concerned because Eileen did threaten to see me as soon as she was home. Hugs and many thanks.

xxXX Cristine XXxx
    • 2573 posts
    May 6, 2009 3:49 PM BST
    Alexandra MacGregor is out on an oil rig at present. She was online on Yahoo! IM on Tuesday, 5 May 2009.
    • 171 posts
    May 13, 2009 3:54 PM BST
    Eileen. Your post illustrates the exceptional lengths a girl must go to - in your case 5 exceptional lengths on your left foot? I hope that your recuperation progresses well, and offer congratulations and best wishes for the future. Rachel.
    • 2127 posts
    May 13, 2009 4:02 PM BST
    Welcome back Eileen. I'm sorry to hear that you are now digitally challenged but glad that you are now back home again and that you are okay.

Congrats on your SRS too!

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2573 posts
    May 13, 2009 4:59 PM BST
    Eileen,
    I cannot express my feelings here. I will write.

Love,
    Wendy
    • 2627 posts
    May 13, 2009 8:52 PM BST
    Valerie Lynette

She left because of another member playing tranny police. She had sent out several nasty emails to some members.
    Valerie & I were becoming friends as she lived farely close & were planning to get together for lunch or dinner soon.
    Than all contact just stopped. Than I was told by another member that she was sick & not with us anymore.
    I wish I knew the truth.
    • 2068 posts
    May 13, 2009 11:14 PM BST

Nice to see you're OK eileen.......you've been missed ya know!

Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 1 posts
    May 13, 2009 11:39 PM BST
    Eileen, just want to wish you all the best for your recovery.

Let you know we're all behind you, don't feel alone, we are here.

Samantha
    X
  • May 13, 2009 11:55 PM BST
    Eileen, welcome back, i'm so sorry to hear of your problems and i hope you make a speedy recovery.
    lots of love and hugs
    Sammi xxx
  • May 13, 2009 11:55 PM BST
    Dear Eileen. Hope you get well soon, all the best from up here in Yorkshire, hope to see you back on chat again soon. everyone on chat tonight sends there love. Janesagirl. maahhwass. xxxxx
    • 2358 posts
    May 14, 2009 12:42 AM BST
    The comments and best wishes for Eileen make me feel very humble and grateful, that there are people who do care.. I am very upset that what should have been Eileens life long dream coming to fruition should be marred in such a way, her remark over the shoes is a sign of somone with real courage and the tenacity to keep going. Eileen not normally known for her humour, perhaps the SRS has affected her, lol, but look deep down inside most people and you will find somone who has a kindness and genorosity that they endeavour to hide. bless you Eileen, all the best. Just be careful when you sneeze and thank god your don't suffer from hay fever.

loadsa hugs, dear freind.

Cristine
    • 530 posts
    July 7, 2009 10:33 PM BST
    I know I'm kinda slow off the mark as usual, but I finally managed to make brief contact with Joanna by text today.
    No details other than she is apparently ok.
    • 2068 posts
    July 8, 2009 12:00 AM BST

Silly question i know, but has anyone heard from Cerys Conner?

lol xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 1652 posts
    July 8, 2009 12:31 AM BST
    Katie mentioned recently that Cerys had done some work on "Frock".
    She moved to Cardiff a while back, probably been swallowed up by the time/space rift that apparently runs through Cardiff.
    Or she's run away with Captain Jack, well, who wouldn't...
    We miss you, babe.
    xx
    • 1083 posts
    July 8, 2009 9:17 PM BST
    **Grins**

Hi all. Nice to know folks are missed. I pop in and out every so often.

Eileen, sorry 'bout your leg/toes. Sorry doesn't seem to be enough, I know.....

Everyone keep in touch--

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 2127 posts
    July 8, 2009 9:33 PM BST
    Nice to see you Mina back again, and yes, Cerys is our Art Director on Frock Magazine so she is well and truly alive and well. I even had lunch with her recently!

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 530 posts
    July 10, 2009 1:48 AM BST
    Update on Joanna. Had a chat with her on the phone this evening, she is fine, still got her job. She is finding the travelling tiring, and has not been online much at all, but otherwise all is ok.
    • 2358 posts
    July 10, 2009 12:18 PM BST
    Thankyou Sue, glad to know that Joanne is OK, if you speak to her again, please give her my regards.
    • 2 posts
    July 18, 2009 9:39 AM BST
    I think it's great that people on this site are concerned about other members who haven't shown up for a long time - in some cases three years.

But I'm a little confused. As a newbie I've just gone through the registration process and read the small print, where it says the database will be reviewed every three months to remove inactive members. I can understand that because you don't want the database cluttered up and you want to encourage members to stay active.

I find the two approaches hard to reconcile. Personally I'm in favour of holding on to people.

Also I don't see how you could remove Full Members since they're making a financial contribution. But maybe that counts as active membership.

Sorry if this seems a rather cold and general post on what is obviously a caring thread. I don't know any of the people mentioned.
    • 2127 posts
    July 18, 2009 12:09 PM BST
    Hi Alison and welcome. I believe that Trannyweb is a very caring community. You only have to look at threads like this one to see that our members are concerned for each other's welfare. Many of our members have been here for years and years. That makes us more like a family. For example, Sue James, who posted earlier in this thread has been a TW member since 2001. That’s a long time.

As regards the “small print”, we do reserve the right to cancel dormant accounts as and when but that’s something that usually only happens about once or possibly twice a year. We have a special report that’s available in the Trannyweb admin, that use three criteria to determine which accounts are now dormant. The first is that it only applies to non-paying members. As you said, it would be foolish to oust good customers.

The second filter looks for users who have not logged in for more than six months and the third searches that group for those with email addresses that are no longer valid. We can also search within these results for users who have never posted in the forums and a number of other criteria but the first three I mentioned are the main ones.

At one time we had nearly 32,000 members but having applied these filters a number of times, the membership was whittled down to around 23,000. We have not had a cull for a while but Trannyweb is still much leaner than it used to be before we had the means to delete old accounts that are no longer used.

It's not that we want to get rid of people. It's just that it's not fair to anyone to advertise that you have "X" number of members when in fact "Y" number are no longer part of the community. A lot of other communities do hang on to every single account and advertise that they have zillions of members when in reality, the majority packed up and left years ago. What would their advertisers say if they knew! We want to be more honest about our membership so that is the main reason why we remove old, dormant accounts periodically. It's nothing personal.

Hope that explains things a bit.

Hugs,

Katie
    • 2573 posts
    July 19, 2009 12:14 AM BST
    Eileen is still ok. Healing slowly and having hard time being in front of computer for long. Nothing to worry about, however, because she is so quiet these days.
    • 374 posts
    July 23, 2009 12:30 PM BST

I'm sorry to hear about Eileens complications as a result of her SRS, but glad to hear she's okay. Has anyone heard from Keli Alexis 2Good? I know she was having some hard times last year...we kept in touch via e-mail....but haven't heard from her in almost a year. I hope she's well and has just maybe moved on. Any info would be appreciated.

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
    • 2358 posts
    August 14, 2009 12:47 PM BST
    Please keep this thread going, just to keep people in mind, just the odd comment, reminding people its here, if they do have concerns about anyone . Still no sign of Eileen.

Loadsa Hugs for everyone that posted here.Thankyou.

xxXCristineXxx
    • 2573 posts
    August 14, 2009 5:38 PM BST
    Eileen was online yesterday. I could not stop to chat, unfortunately. I'll check again in a bit.