PEDOHEBEJEEBIES!

• April 26, 2009 11:12 PM BST
    Hi everyone..
    Crazy Blanchard and Zucker are at it again...Blanchards latest effort at inventing new words and new conditions to pad out the DSM is Pedohebephilia...I can't quite figure out what it means but it sounds like the weirdest mumbojumbo...if we pour scorn on it and call it pedohebejeebies it may get him that attention he deserves.

I find it hard to imagine how the people in the conference he uttered the word at actually taking him seriously...maybe the conference was in his local loonie bin and he had a captive and well sedated audience for this latest piece of crap...

pedo is obviously child related...hebe..is a common garden plant...philia is love of...so maybe Pedohebejeebies is a childs love of garden plants..and that's awful thing for a child to have so the child needs therapy to stop this love of the common hebe... LOL

maybe the world's press needs to know that Blanchard thinks any child who likes plants if in need of reparative therapy...next thing he'll invent a name for the awful condition of the child who loves artificial plants...pedopolyfloraphilia...then he'll consider the case of children who love drawing trees...pedoarborphilia...oh my.. LOL

Its too sad to be funny...or too funny to be sad...

Rose
    • 1980 posts
    April 27, 2009 12:56 AM BST
    Hi Rose-

Gee, I'm sorry to have missed the initial exchange, well no, actually I guess I'm okay with not knowing what went on. Your dissection of this word seems to be pretty right on, it seems to be a mashup of some other terms. The middle portion "hebe" though, put me in mind of an abnormal psych class I once took (so much insight into myself<lol>). There is a type of schizophrenia called hebephrenia which has its typical onset at puberty. The hebe part is derived from the Greek goddess Hebe (what else) who was the goddess of youth. Pedo definitely has to do with prebuscent children, so the word seems to mean "child youth love" or basically pedophilia and/or sexual attraction to very young postpubescent children.

In the context of gender dysphoria issues it does seem to be inapplicable unless he was accusing someone of being a pedophile. Nope, I guess I'm really not sorry I missed it.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2573 posts
    April 27, 2009 6:40 AM BST
    Joni,

As usual, your erudition shows itself. Clearly, it's all Greek to you. Here is an article explaining this in some detail and accurately:

http://christianperring.b[...]ot.com/

The diagnosis is meant to provide one cover diagnosis for
    1. Those sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children. (Younger than 11) -pedophilia
    2. Those sexually attracted to pubescent children (11-14) - hebephilia
    3. Those sexually attracted to both groups. pedohebephilia

With a subdiagnosis for each group. In fact, it looks like an attempt to simplify the DSM by not adding two new diagnostic sections and keeping similar ones in the same place. After all, the purpose of the DSM is to simplify diagnosis while ensuring an accurate one. Apparently research has shown that some persons report and demonstrate sexual response to only one or both groups. The importance of this distinction in setting restrictions when paroled is obvious.

Interesting topic. Thank you for starting this thread, Rose.
    • 2573 posts
    May 8, 2009 1:56 AM BST
    Follow up news article on Zucker and Blanchard in TW TG NEWS RSS FEED today. Be sure you are not grounded or they may "cure" you of being LGBorT.

Seriously, we need to keep an eye on these two nitwits. They remind me of "Dr. Money, who is presented as a villainous medical man attempting to coerce an unwilling child to submit to numerous unpleasant treatments." http://www.transgendercar[...]boy.htm Dr Money was famous for his success...however..... his patient, forced to live as the wrong gender, his live screwed up by people who thought they knew better, ultimately committed suicide a couple of years ago. Because you can't cure gender after the 7th week of gestation. We know. Most of us tried and are here because we realized it was hopeless and ridiculous to fight what we are.
  • May 8, 2009 9:00 AM BST
    I just read on a website last night and forget to bookmark it that in 2001 the UK doctors voted to stop doing 'surgical assignment' on babies born with ambiguous genitals but the motion was denied and today these babies may still be arbitrairily assigned to whatever their genitals most resemble/can be altered to or perhaps even to what their parents wish?

There is also a flourishing trade in baby gender clinics springing up now where quacks or perhaps professionals use various methods to determine the sex of unborn children...said to have a 80% success rate. What is worrying about this is the fact that so many ethnics - Asians/Arabs/Chinese ect all want boys for various stupid reasons so the fear is that any ethnic woman getting pregnant might be sent to one of thses clinics and if the test says girl then she could be forced to have a secret abortion in UK or be sent abroad to have one.

Rose
  • May 8, 2009 9:09 AM BST
    Tabloids report that 'some persons' typically wearing priests robes demonstrate sexual repsonse to children of some age groups.

and some years ago I read an horro story of an older French teacher teaching french at a UK girls school whowas systematically raping the girls by promising them that if they let he he would put in a good word to help the girl get and keep a pnoy on the school grounds...it would be interesting to try trace that guy now though probably very harrowing for the girl sinvolved to have to confront him...

Lots of nasties out there...my worry is that Pedohebejeebies seemed to be attached to transsexualism...I'll find the roiginal post and post it in here later..

Rose