Lumberjack competition

• 2463 posts
    June 13, 2009 4:14 PM BST
    On this rare day off to myself, I am doing laundry, writing, chatting, etc. I also have on the lumberjack competition in the background.

HOW IN THE WORLD DO THEY USE AXES, CHAINSAWS, ETC. LIKE THAT WITHOUT INFLICTING BODILY INJURY UPON THEMSELVES?

Amazing. Could you just imagine what would happen if I tried that? Lilienne and Karen would be making my funeral arrangements in advance, Josie will start advertising for a new GF, Katie will need a new editor and moderator, and the chatroom would be deprived of my extremely tasteful jokes.

I think I'll stick to laundry. Maybe.

Mere
    • 1195 posts
    June 13, 2009 4:43 PM BST
    Mere I'm sure it has something to do with the size of the lumberjack's brain. I've watched them hacking away between their feet - No Way Jose. My explaination would be "they have a one track mind." I don't think they're big on multi-tasking.

Have you watched the "strong men" pulling a weighted truck? Another example of things to avoid. I'll bet these guys have very high voices (old joke).
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 2573 posts
    June 13, 2009 5:33 PM BST
    What amazes me is how they do it in heels, stockings and garter belts. OH, sorry, thought this was the TW LUMBERJACKS comedy club. ...and I thought I was OK.
    • 2463 posts
    June 13, 2009 5:39 PM BST
    Hold on here...............that might be an idea! We could have a TW competition! Such events could include doing in the shortest amount of time:
    1. Clip, paint, and dry nails
    2. Apply eye makeup - liner and shadow - without a mirror
    3. Matching an outfit out of a pile of mismatched clothing
    4. Running down the street in heels while trying to catch a bus
    5. Apply lipstick while riding a plane going through turbulence (like I wrote in a story)
    6. Having to get completely showered, dressed, and to work on time after having slept an hour late.

Katie? Prizes?
    • 1980 posts
    June 13, 2009 6:46 PM BST
    I'm a Lumberjack
    SOURCE: Bob Pfeffer
    SOURCE'S SOURCE: Monty Python's Flying Circus
    COMMENTS:
    TEXT:
    D G6
    I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
    A D
    I sleep all night and I work all day
    (He's a lumberjack and he's OK
    He sleeps all night and he works all day)
    I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
    I go to the lavat'ry
    On Wednesdays I go shopping
    And have buttered scones for tea
    (He cuts down trees...)
    (He's a lumberjack...)
    I cut down trees, I skip and jump
    I love to press wild flow'rs
    I put on women's clothing
    And hang around in bars
    (He cuts down trees...)
    (He's a lumberjack...)
    I cut down trees, I wear high heels
    Suspenders and a bra
    I wish I'd been a girlie
    Just like my dear papa
    (He cuts down trees...)
    (He's a lumberjack...)
    filename[ LUMBERJK
    RPf
    ===DOCUMENT BOUNDARY===
  • June 14, 2009 1:25 PM BST
    I hate that transphobic song...especially when its sung by some drag queen or [deleted: "TrannyWeb shall have the right, but not the responsibility, to remove Content which is deemed in sole discretion harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of this Agreement or any rules TrannyWeb has in place at the time." -Forum Admn.]
  • June 14, 2009 1:30 PM BST
    I went to one of the strong men comps when I was on hols in Scotalnd a few years ago. it was a small local comp at a local school. There were about 7/8 men of whom one was an American..when they stripped their track suits off all the local displayed that heavy bellied solidness so reminiscnet of a sack of spuds but wthe Amercian stripped off he displayed a gorgeous MR Universe physique that made everyone including me cheer.. LOL
    But his muscles were only for show as he only won some of the events by virtue of being a lot taller than all the locals...but he looked so huggable....
    • 1980 posts
    June 14, 2009 3:17 PM BST
    Yawn. Couldn't care less about your likes or dislikes. But I will say you're pretty casual with derogatory terms yourself.