A Spider In The Bathroom!!!

• 2627 posts
    June 28, 2009 11:48 AM BST
    I'm not one of those that wake up with a smile every morning. In fact I'm pretty much brain dead at first. I get up go turn on the kitchen light & head to the bathroom.
    This morning I'm sitting there with my gown hiked up & my panties down past my knees thinking about nothing. I see a flicker in the corner of my eye & look over to the door. There's a big black spider. I don't panic at the site of a spider never have, unless they get on me. So for that reason I am leary of them. Well this one was not moving at first, but with surprisingly fast little legs it runs under my gown where I can't see it.
    Just as fast I'm awake. I pick up one leg then the other but I don't see it. Is it climbing up my gown?
    Now I'm freaking out, I'm sitting on the toilet doing this fast little dance trying to find out where it went. I can't get up I'm not done yet. So as fast as I can, I finish up, get up & yank off my gown while jumping & turning around.
    Then I see it by the sink, it never was on me.

I'm very much awake, the spider is outside where it belongs, & all is right with the world again.
    • 2573 posts
    July 2, 2009 3:20 PM BST
    Karen,

Reminds me of the day I became a confirmed sleep-in contacts wearer. Got out of the shower in a brightly lit bathroom and reached for my towel. On it was a humongous black widow spider. I woke up fast as well. He went to sleep just as fast. I'd seen one years before. On my sun drenched picture window curtain. So much for cool, dark places.
  • July 2, 2009 4:15 PM BST
    Now THAT was fun reading Karen.... you made me smile so now you can be my friend as well

Last night I was dreaming about some ghosts living in an old house and they was hunting me... but then I woke up because a fly was sitting on my face. I fell to sleep again but the ghost was gone.

In the morning when I woke up, I did see that fly again so I opened up one of my wardrobe doors and woops!!! the fly went in and I shut the door. It's still there and I'm sitting here feeling sorry for it...

xxx Natalie
    • 1912 posts
    July 2, 2009 5:23 PM BST
    While taking the jetskis out for the first time this year, I was standing in the water pushing one of the skis off the trailer when my wife points out a big black spider crawling up my leg. I look down and this humongous black widow spider is crawling up my leg just above my knee. Fortunately I deal with bugs for a living so I just brushed it off into the water. I hate to think what would have happened if it had made it up under my clothing. In 1993 I was bit by a black widow on my forearm, talk about excruciating pain not to mention my arm swelling up and fingers going numb. I did go to the doctor but in most cases nobody dies from these things. You might say spiders have helped pay for my transition so please be nice to them, lol.
    hugs,
    Marsha
  • July 3, 2009 12:11 AM BST
    when I was a lot younger (middle school) I didn't sleep in my bed for a week because I saw a spider on the wall and was afraid it would crawl on me in my sleep. Eventually I saw a similar spider in the bathroom and figured it had moved on.

I should probably mention that I've had anxiety issue all my life and was not medicated at the time
  • September 28, 2009 5:42 AM BST
    Thanks for the smile

I have to admit though. As a guy I can kill a wasp with my bare hand no problem.
    As a girl I even SEE a spider and I get all squeamish. Go figure eh

Stephenie