NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2463 posts
    July 3, 2009 12:40 AM BST
    DID I LEARN MY LESSON FROM THE LAST TIME?!?!?!?!?!? OF COURSE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, girls, I did not have too much to drink and then prayed to the porcelain goddess.

I tried shaving my legs and arms again. I soaked myself in the tub a bit to loosen up the hairs and skin and then proceeded to slice myself in many different spots. I sting all over.

Josie has been taking care of this for me since she came into my life (sordid details following in my upcoming autobiography, or funeral epitaph, whichever comes first).

I think now is the time to have Lilienne and Karen prepared to handle my estate. Josie can start going out looking for a new GF.

See you on the other side.
    Mere
    • 2068 posts
    July 3, 2009 12:42 AM BST

Typical Psycho Ninja moment AGAIN Mere??......

LOL xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 259 posts
    July 3, 2009 2:25 AM BST
    Baby
    did you use a dull razr?
  • July 3, 2009 8:43 AM BST
    use a plain Gillette Blue 2 double blade razor, ordinary nice feminine soap rather than shaving cream, warm water and soap the area and shave against the direction of hair growth- especially on legs and arms go from ankle to knee, knee to groin, wrist to elbow, elbow to shoulder, by working razor back and forth a few times without lifting it off the skin - this removes the cut hairs from the blades...no nicks on smooth skin but I have to be careful over old scars on leg...
    shaving and hormones mean I can go maybe three weeks between shaves. (P.S. typing this I am finding it quite distasteful to talk of razors and shaving as it seems too much of a reminder of maleness somehow)
    • 2627 posts
    July 3, 2009 2:40 PM BST
    I have no problem with shaving. I stand in the shower with a track 2 & rub it up & down my legs. The upward motion shaves the hair & the downward motion cleans off the blades. I can do this as fast as I like with out trouble. No nicks or cuts.
    I use lotion to soften my skin after toweling off.
    • 2463 posts
    July 3, 2009 3:12 PM BST
    Oh, you are all so smart, you know-it-alls. Here I am, ONCE AGAIN, needing an ambulence, and all you can do is talk about sharp metal.
    • 2017 posts
    July 3, 2009 4:29 PM BST
    I have heard of a new method coming over from Eastern Europe. You douse your legs in lighter fluid, ignite, and hey presto! No more hairs!

I think I'll stick to shaving mine though.

Nikki
    • 7 posts
    July 3, 2009 5:43 PM BST
    Awww Mere (( HUGS))

I hate it when I nick myself and it seems to take forever to heal sometimes!!
    Thankfully that hasn't happenend for a while now.
    Hope you recover ok x

I too shave in the tub, just soak for a while and take it nice and steady x

Gemma x
    • 2463 posts
    July 3, 2009 6:03 PM BST
    Oh, yeah, Nikki, good idea. Let's look at this:

Flammable liquid + flame = Roasted Meredith.

I am laughing through my tears.

Mere
    • 1195 posts
    July 3, 2009 7:05 PM BST
    Mere
    Sounds like you're becoming a "bleeder" You definately need some counceling - have you been depressed lately?
    I'm not going to suggest more practice - your health coverage will increase.
    could it be the "Summertime Blues"?
    with sincere wishes that you heal quickly
    hugs
    Gracie

PS I hope this doesn't affect your chance of promotion.
    • 2627 posts
    July 3, 2009 7:46 PM BST
    Perhaps you should have Josi go through your things & remove all metal objects from your apartment.
    Eating with plastic & using paper cups so you can't break one & cut yourself cleaning it up.
    • 2017 posts
    July 3, 2009 7:58 PM BST
    Mere - You just need to keep Josie nearby, that way she can shave your legs for you! It'll be far more pleasurable.

Nikki
  • July 3, 2009 8:03 PM BST
    Meredith... and don't forget remove all newspaper and paper bags as you can cut yourself on them as well.

Back to shaving legs... why don't you go over to electric? Ohh sorry forgot... electric shaver in a bath sound like a horror movie...

I think this post has taken over joke of the day while Cristine is on IOW and right now she's on the ferry over to the island I guess.

xxx Natalie

• 8 posts
    July 3, 2009 9:02 PM BST
    So there I was, reading your latest thread when it hit me like a ton of teddy bears... Mere, WAX. Granted with your frail skin it may just rip it right off but HEY, No More Hair. And that's the point of shaving anyway right?

I think if you just take my advice about the several things we have talked about:

1. Schick Quatro with lotion strip
    2. Bikini zone shaving lotion
    3. Bikini Zone aftershave stuff
    4. Carefullness

Mere, we have all had the cuts while shaving but it sounds like you might have taken a little too much skin off the calf. Just smooth it back down with one simple smack and call it a day. If you are one that enoys pain next time just take a lead pipe to the ankle!

Love You Mere!
    • 2068 posts
    July 3, 2009 10:53 PM BST

Now what would go with Roasted Mere........Roasted potatos & veggies??....lol

Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
  • July 3, 2009 11:25 PM BST
    actually a lighter/gas burner does make a very nice hair remover on the parts you can reach such as back of hands and fingers...the hair has to be fresh washed and very dry so it burns off really quick without the flame being in contact with skin very long... oh...hmmm it doesn't smell nice...
    • 746 posts
    July 4, 2009 12:13 AM BST
    Mere...

kind of a "way out there" solution, but have you thought of double amputation? Heck, sounds like you are half way there already! Think of the $$$ you can save blades, waxing, cremes, etc...and do not forget how much more time you'll have to pursue other activities, plus, you'll never have to deal with those impossible -to-remove blood stains!
    Just a thought...LOL

Traci
    • 1912 posts
    July 4, 2009 1:26 AM BST
    I'm with Jenny on the Quattro razor. Usually I shave while taking a bubble bath and find no need for additional lotion on the legs. If I feel the need to lather up I use Skintimate Gel and just use a body lotion after shaving. What I want to know is how does Rose go weeks without shaving. I am on what is considered a very high HRT regimen and I need to shave atleast twice a week. It might possibly be just that her hair color is not as dark as mine so her hair is not quite as noticeable.

As for Mere, I don't think the flame thrower idea is safe. I think we have ruled out blades, wax and fire. I get the idea she is too hyper to sit still and pluck the hair so let's rule that out as well. Hair remover cream would probably fall under "fire" should Mere get her hands on a tube of it. I would hate to see her end up chemical burning her legs. OMG, I just had a worse thought, what if Maryanne helped Mere by using fire. Didn't Chicago already burn down once?

Mere, have you thought about moving to Italy?

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 2463 posts
    July 4, 2009 4:45 PM BST
    Thanks for the tips! I think I'll just wait for Josie, though!
    • 1195 posts
    July 4, 2009 8:13 PM BST
    Good thinking Mere - just don't drown Josie in tears -
    After reading all the advice you received you need a soft shoulder to lean on.
    hugs
    Gracie
  • July 4, 2009 8:26 PM BST
    My body hair problem seems to be curing itself due to the hormones...i've so few on my body now that I'm thinking I dare invest in an epilater as the hair are very lightly fastened in now...they just slide out very easy...and never a sore bump...I tried an epilator some years ago and it was awful on the thick growth but I think I could be happy with one now..but which? so many conflicting reviews...just got the patches of thick white ones on either side of jaw that are really well fastened in...the lighter is quick and simple on the hands and around the various scars I have...
    incidentally I can hardly see any of the black hairs that sprouted from the disastrous testo surge I had about 4 years ago when over course of a few weeks I started turning into a King Kong...
    • 2463 posts
    July 14, 2009 12:42 AM BST
    Girls, thanks for all the tips. I am compiling these pearls of wisdom for an upcoming Tranny Tribune article.
    • 871 posts
    July 14, 2009 11:35 AM BST
    I hear kemo therapy is a good way to keep those pesky hairs under control! and with all those fast dividing cells going suicide could loose some extra pounds too! I supose one would have to do a field study to discuss the pros and cons between this and having ones legs aputated.