My Tribune Contribution

• 2358 posts
    July 20, 2009 4:54 PM BST
    Oh dear. Whilst I am positive, Merideth in all innocence and in good faith, altered the last paragraph, perhaps she just did'nt understand the irony, or the english wry sense of humour. her alterations destroyed an important point I was trying to make What I wrote was:-

''Our house is the most valuable in the road, because we don't having Tranny weirdo's living next door to us, dragging down property values'',

Perhaps Meredith was trying to interject some polital correctness into the piece, but it was an analogy, perhaps to cryptic, but it was to show that whenever your faced with negatives, if you think positive you can come back with somthing positive to lighten your spirits the more outragous and bizzare,. the better it will make you feel,

The adage ''you sir are drunk'' and the response ''and you madam are ugly, but I shall be sober in the morning'' comes to mind. Next time for instance a woman calls you a pervert or a creep, console yourself with the fact, at least your handbag matches your shoes, or the fact she has a beard and you don't. or in the case of a man, sympathise with the fact he might be suffering premature ejaculation, or have problems getting it up, lol. Guatanteed you will walk away from the encounter, a smile on your face, leaving them totaly bewildered.

One of my shrinks once told me I was the nuttiest person he had ever met, he meant it as a compliment. Another told me my caustic and sarcastic sense of humour was an underlying reason to cover up my feelings of self loathing and feelings of inadequency. But I had grave doubts about his sanity as he never ever reffered to himself as ''I'', it was always ''we'' Perhaps he was a closeted cross dresser, or had an imaginary assistant.

Anyway forgot to add to my article, That there is no perfect way to come out,, we have to do our own thing. just don't suddenly spring it on the wife, your headed for Bankok and to make sure she has bought a strap on for when you get back.

Anyway the point I was trying to make in the last paragraph was if your neighbours are crap and giving you greif, and have issues or reservation about you living next door, just console yourself your house is worth more than theirs, lol.

xxXChristineXxx
    • 2463 posts
    July 21, 2009 12:29 AM BST
    I can assure you that I perfectly understood your point, and that any alterations were accidental and not deliberate.
    • 2017 posts
    July 21, 2009 12:35 PM BST
    A nutter Christine? You? Surely not????

Nikki
    • 746 posts
    July 21, 2009 6:11 PM BST
    Our house IS worth more, but my neighbors all have guns!!! So Dear Abbey...errr Crissie, what do I do next??? Oh, I know...buy them "blanks" for ammo and bring it over to them personally! Dressed of course! Might as well give them good reason to use said ammo! LOL

traci xxx
    • 308 posts
    August 13, 2009 6:57 AM BST
    You really gave me a chuckle Traci, but it is probably all so true where you live. At least here in Detroit, they don't care who the shoot....LOL
    Be safe girl...Huggs ...Tammy
    • 29 posts
    August 13, 2009 5:07 PM BST
    Hi Tammy,
    I am originally from Detroit, some years ago. Now in NC. I still have family in that area, though not in the city proper.

Cristine, my previous neighbors were lesbian, at least on one side. I'm pretty sure they saw me sitting on the porch dressed up one night (I didn't know they were out) but they never said anything. I was sorry to see them move out, they were so friendly and involved with the community. I'm blabbering, loved your contribution...
    • 746 posts
    August 13, 2009 11:05 PM BST
    Ahhhh Tammy..wonderful Day-twa...errr Detroit! Fond memories of the old Cobo Arena from ice hockey days...lost a tooth. took 8 stitches and a broken nose, and still won the fight! LOL

Actually, best memories were crossing the bridge to Windsor where we proceeded to get ridiculously drunk on that wonderful Canadian beer...and me, sitting there with about 12 other gorilla types just wishing I were one of those dancers they are famous for! Can't believe I've lived to be 59!!! Bless you dear Tammy for getting there in one, or two, or maybe more pieces! Important thing hun, you made it! (smile) My head is still reeling from that brawl! LOL

Traci xxxxx