Some good news

• 2463 posts
    August 28, 2009 12:31 AM BST
    Girls,
    I will provide the details later, but my one book is finally published and out, and I have been invited to participate in THE BIGGEST AND BEST labor history conference later this year. AND - it looks like the school I teach at part-time will pay for me to attend!

Wow!

What a change from 4 years ago at this time. Well, my bank account still sucks, but at least there is something to cheer about.

Mere
    • 734 posts
    August 28, 2009 1:03 AM BST
    Heartfelt congratulations hunni. One down how many books to go???

Much love

Rae xx
    • 1912 posts
    August 28, 2009 1:39 AM BST
    Most excellent Mere, congratulations.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 181 posts
    August 28, 2009 1:58 AM BST
    Meredeth, is this a history text , or what Then too what audience will you be aiming for and who published the book as I have a book aimed about retail petrouleuem practices that would make a great political science reading book for college people . Ellen Shaver
    • 308 posts
    August 28, 2009 5:03 AM BST
    Wow, great news Mere,
    We really have come a long way baby....seriously, from what I have seen in just the last 10-15 years, we have made great strides. Especially when, I look back at the way things used to be. I am confident that these advances for acceptance will keep moving forward. But we have to keep up the public image of creditability. There are things that I have done over the last few years that at one time would have been unheard of.
    Congratulations Mere, this is the kind of PR that keep us moving forward.....
    • 2573 posts
    August 28, 2009 3:43 PM BST
    Good Job , Mere.

Oh, the publisher said to tell you that the check is in the mail. lol.
    • 1083 posts
    August 28, 2009 4:25 PM BST
    Congratulations, Meredith!

It's a shame that they won't sponsor a week-long tour on a cruise ship for you, but hey--your book is published.

Guess that means I have to buy a copy now....

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 105 posts
    August 28, 2009 5:59 PM BST
    Congratulations Meredith

Excellent news, and fingers firmly crossed for great book sales.

Hugs,

Judith
    • 29 posts
    September 3, 2009 1:37 PM BST
    Congratulations Meredith! Hope the book sales go great for you. Wonderful news regarding the conference also! Hugs.