THAILAND changes SRS regulations 2009

• 2573 posts
    September 13, 2009 6:37 AM BST
    http://www.nationmultimed[...]040.php

New sex change regulations from Nov 29, 2009

If you were planning to go to Thailand for SRS, check this article on the new regulations.

"Transgendered people must also consult a psychiatrist, live as a woman for a year and receive hormone therapy before being allowed to undergo a sexchange operation."
    • 2017 posts
    September 13, 2009 11:14 AM BST
    I have to agree with that ruling. To give someone surgery just because they asked for it can lead to disaster for the patient. Go and live as a woman before you try to become one.

I do disagree with the hormone therapy though, as we all know, not everyone can have them for medical reasons. However, this was just a brief article and the actual law may have certain clauses to that effect. If not, I have no doubt the case could be successfully argued with the appropriate medical documentation as evidence.

I was more suprised that post op, these women still had to be referred to as 'Mr', that's awful and just serves to highlight them unnecesserily, particularly in public. If I saw a woman being referred to as 'Mr Smith' it would certainly draw my attention, which is not what any of us wants. Change that law...........fast!

Nikki