SPECIAL ISSUE OF TTN

• 2573 posts
    November 20, 2009 8:07 PM GMT
    Today, and this weekend, the TRANNYWEB TRANSGENDER NEWS Feed will be heavy on stories about transphobic hate crimes and murders as well as DAY OF REMEMBRANCE STORIES.

This will not be exclusive....fortunately.

PLEASE TAKE THESE STORIES AND EDUCATE!

TTN remembers our Brothers and Sisters and all those who have paid heavily for being themselves. Today I will wear black. This is a war. In all wars there are casualties. It is now time to fight to WIN this war instead of being silent victims.
    • 1017 posts
    November 20, 2009 11:23 PM GMT
    Hi Wendy,

I was unaware of the Day of Remembrance until your post. Thanks for educating me.

Also a very belated thanks for TTN feed. I do regularly read it and I depend on it for TG news that other media doesn't cover.

Best,
    Melody
    • 734 posts
    November 21, 2009 12:48 AM GMT
    Uh? A new thought to me too! But not a bad one at all. Can we build on this?
    xx
    • 2573 posts
    November 22, 2009 3:33 PM GMT
    The TTN feed has just been updated with new stories. Classification for this weekend has been modified to emphasize the area of abuse toward TGs rather than the area of news covered by the stories. Tomorrow, new story classification will return to normal descriptions of the area of news. I admit this is a bit editorial, and non-neutral, but it does emphasize the kinds of abuse we suffer.
  • November 23, 2009 6:47 AM GMT
    It sometimes boggles my mind why hate like this is still being used, I mean its the year 2009 we are in a modern era where we are supposed to be advance not stuck in medieval times and being primitive. Unfortunately that’s just the way it is Wendy, and I find it absolutely horrible and ridiculous that such acts of immaturity are still being done just because of the way we feel. I just wish society can just grow up for once especially if we supposedly "advance" and accept the fact that not all of us are the same but we obviously know that won't happen any time soon thanks to people's ignorance and insecurities. A least there are laws being made about us in public like ENDA bill which is still in its process of being pass (I heard it’s this close to being passed), and hopefully this trend will continue with more being made to protects us from dangers. I will use the tranny ribbon for remembrance to our own that were murdered and scared by such horrible experiences, and hope they find peace with themselves in life or in the afterlife.

With Love,
    Ashley